Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Halloween / NAC 108

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! Well, as much as I hate to say it, Fall is apparently already on us. Sigh. According to the calendar it just arrived yesterday. I wish though that someone had told that to the weather here. I've been wearing jackets to work in the mornings. AUGH!!! That being said, the cooler weather was definitely on my mind when I was designing this week's card. The Nachos have a color challenge for you this week and the colors are soooo Yummy. They're from our new In-Colors and I can't wait to see what you create with them. Here's what I came up with-



I'm sooooo excited by how this card turned out. There were so many fun parts... the pumpkins and matching framelets, the cute little bats, the fringe scissors I finally got around to using and that beautiful DSP I used it on, the Bite Me set for the sentiment on the front and the Awesome New Rotary Stamp for the inside (L.U.V. that!).  

Here's this week's colors-


I did add the smallest amount of So Saffron for the moon, but other than that I just used the colors. I did use the Naturals Ivory cardstock and love the look it gave the card. Sometimes it really is the small things that make a big difference.

Are you loving all the bundles in the catalogs? Not only do I love not having to fussy cut, I love getting a discount when I get the bundle. LOL, that just means more money for more product! 

3 Pumpkins and 3 different framelets. So much easier than in previous years!

***Tip*** For the pumpkins I inked them up with my Tangelo Twist Ink Pad and then used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the stem. I then used my Stampin' Write Marker in Mossy Meadow to color in the stem. I keep a pack of baby wipes in my studio at all times for quick touch-ups. Have you tried them yet? They also work great as DIY stamp pads with different techniques.

***Tip #2*** When using your Fringe Scissors be sure to stop about ¾ of the way up the length of the scissors. If you go to the end you will get a little tearing at the bottom instead of crisp lines. Ask me how I know.

Here's a look at the inside-


Here's something I bet you never thought you'd hear me say... I love how the letters don't line up perfectly with the rotary stamp. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! Did you read that with Gomer Pyle's voice? Because that's surely how I wrote it. :) It reminds me of being a little girl and playing with my grandmother's rotary stamp. Funny how something small can instantly transport you somewhere else. I inked up my stamp with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink for my cute little face and my card was done. 

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope you're going to play along with us this week! As always, if you have any questions, please be sure to leave me a message and I'll get back to you.

Here's a list of the products used for today's card-
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Thanks so much for taking time our of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the universe. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember, Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan