Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Little Kindness and Some Nacho and Chili Cheese / NAC 106

Pin It
 Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a good week so far. It's Tuesday and of course that means it's time for another challenge with the Nachos. At the end of this post I have some exciting news to share with all of my friends. (That's you!) :) Most of you know that I'm not a big fan of color challenges, just too many options. You might also know that I don't usually go for "Collage" style stamp sets, once again too many choices and not enough structure for me. Soooo, imagine my surprise when I threw this card together and ended up extremely happy with it-



This is not a set I would have purchased, but it was one of our Convention sets and I have to say, I'm seeing a lot of fabulous projects with it. (kind of like Gorgeous Grunge from last year) 

Here's this week's color combo-


I think I'm going to be able to make some pretty baby cards with this too. It's just so soft and pretty! I did the inside of the card & the envelope with the sun and little butterfly stamped off twice. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of the inside and the envelope. Sorry about that. :(

Many of you know we have been expecting a New Little Bundle of Joy. I knew my daughter was going to need a big stroller with an 18 month old and a newborn, and little Nacho has been sleeping with me when she comes over, so I was going need somewhere for the little one to sleep. Turns out that a friend of mine, an Origami Owl teammate, had a double stroller and a pack & play she was going to give to Salvation Army and gave it to me instead. How Amazing was that!?! So this card was definitely made for her. I wrote on a sticky note and put that inside the card so she can use it again later.

So for my News-

A few months back, when my nephews found out we were getting another baby, they decided little Nacho's (her parents can't stand when we call her that) :) baby sister was going to need an equally cool name. What did they come up with? Chili Cheese!!! yep, you read that right. Nacho and Chili Cheese. SMH Well, little Chili Cheese arrived last Thursday, 3 weeks early, (induced) and is absolutely perfect. She arrived on Sept 4, 2014 at 11:45 am and weighed in at 6 lbs 13 oz and 19.5 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well and so is her Big Sis Nacho, who is already doing an Absolutely Amazing job. Chili Cheese, like most infants sounded a lot like a little kitten when she cried and so Nacho took to calling her "Meow" which at 18 months is still her name for my cats. Whenever little C.C. cries Nacho takes her blanket to her and gives her kisses. Are you just melting or what?!? So here's a few pics of my little darlings-

Sorry, I didn't get to edit this and rotate it but isn't she just precious?

                                     
"He-ah, Meow." C.C. was only about an hour old here
and Nacho wanted to share her GiGi (what she calls her blankie that I made her)
 with her little sister because she was fussin' 



My two little Princesses

I was "kangarooing" with C.C. (skin to skin) to help keep her body temp up
and  help with comforting and bonding. She was only about 30 minutes old here.

Well, that's all I have for you this week. I hope you liked my card and the newest family pics.

Here's a list of supplies I used for today's card-



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan