Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another Fabulous Work of Art / NAC # 90

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great week so far! I had a wonderful weekend. I got to spend Saturday afternoon with a teammate and then got some stamping done and then went to a big team meeting for 5 hours on Sunday and spent some time Sunday evening with a friend. I also managed to put 2 bookcases together. I have to say I'm feeling rather accomplished so far.

Well, our New Catalog isn't even out yet and I'm afraid you're going to be tired of this set. I'm in love with it and it's Soooo not my style but I'm having such a fun time using it. I used it this week for our Nacho Color Challenge. Instead of using it like I had intended, I just used the sentiment, but I still used it. It really is such a versatile set. I don't often use retired sets in cards I post on here because if you like it, it will be hard for you to get them. But this set is from this year's Sale-A-Bration and I'm sure there are plenty still around. I love how it turned out-



 I very rarely use a whole sheet of DSP for a card front, but it was just soooo pretty and, it was retired and, I needed to make room the beautiful new DSP coming in just a few weeks! It wasn't so long ago that I wouldn't have made this card like this because, it has colors other than just the 3 challenge colors, but I'm learning to allow myself to be a little more flexible with this just like the sketches can be a jumping off point instead of an exact match. I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy, still one of my favorite colors especially now that Midnight Muse is retiring, punched it out with the Curly label Punch and then framed it with two more curly label punches.

Here's this week's color combo-


Here's the inside-


Can you believe I have not been using the SAMJ to stamp that sentiment and it's wood mounted? Did you fall off your chair? :)

I recently started selling Origami Owl Jewelry and a friend of mine made one of my initial purchases. I make a thank you card to go with all my purchases that my customers can use again, usually a 3x3 or 4x4 but since my friend helped me start out,  I needed a special thank you card for her. I thought this one would be nice. I included a little gift that would be just for her-


I'm happy to say, she liked both her jewelry and her card/bookmark. Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's projects and I hope they inspired you to play along with us. I can't wait to see what you create!. As always if you have any questions about today's project, please remember to leave me a post below so I can get back to you.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan