Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Live Happy / NAC #79

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope wherever you are you are warm. It's freezing cold here in the DMV and we're still trying to dig out from this latest storm. It's Tuesday and that means it's time for a new challenge with the Nachos. This week it's a sketch challenge and I wanted to do something bright and cheery. If you've been around here for awhile, you probably know I don't mix and match patterns and DSP very often because I honestly just don't feel that confident at it. Are you able to mix and match? I really envy those that can do that. This week's sketch just seemed to be asking for it, so I pulled out my brightest and cheeriest pack of DSP, Gingham Garden and my new SAB stamp set and started playing. Here's what I came up with-


Here's the sketch we have for you this week-

I Love this sketch!

I pulled out my Stampin Write Markers to color the stamp and used my Deco Label Framelets to cut it out. I used my 2-Way pen and a little Dazzling Diamonds for a little added shine. I sponged around all my layers to add a little depth. I used Tombow for all my layers except for my stamped image, which I popped up with dimensionals. 


Here's a peek at the inside-





This card is going to be going to the manager of the property where I just moved. She's super nice and I wanted to give her a little something, just because. :) I used the new stamp set Petite Petals on the inside because I though they looked a lot like the flowers on the front. In fact, I tried punching them out, with the matching punch, for the front but they were just the tiniest bit too big. I think they were just right for the inside though. What do you think?

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it brings a little bit of brightness into your day. I can't wait to see what you create with this week's sketch! If you have questions about today's card or any of my other projects, be sure to leave me a comment below.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember, Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe-
Shan




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan