Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Playing with All New Olds / NAC #71

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I love Tuesday's because it means it's time for another Nacho Challenge. Yea!  I'm glad that something's making me happy because this weather sure isn't!!! I sure hope you are staying warm wherever you might be. We are looking at record lows here in the DMV. You know, I'm of a mind that if it's below 72, it's too cold. Below 0 with the windchill by 8pm is crazy! A predicted 4 with 20-30 below is just Out of Control!

Wanna know what else is out of control? That was me when I was making today's card. To be absolutely honest with you, I was really struggling with this week's sketch. It was another week of where do you get your inspiration and how does it progress.




 I started by thinking about a paper doily. I've got a whole pack that hasn't been used. But when I started trying to find a DSP the white doily wasn't working. Then I decided that maybe my new doily sizzix might work and I could use Very Vanilla c/s. Then the sentiment I wanted didn't seem right. Do you ever have days like that, or is it just me? Well, things started coming together and I realized that everything I was picking was NEW. Ok, not everything is New as in the newest catalog, but it was the first time I had used all the elements. I don't know about you, but I tend to hoard my DSP. I almost never use it for a whole background. That will take up almost a ¼ sheet of DSP. What if I need it? But at that point I was determined and I literally did the happy dance when I was done! Even though I started out with the V.V. doily, it seemed like it needed something else. So I sponged it with Pistachio Pudding, then I decided to add the Island Indigo (for those of you that don't know, it's my All-Time Favorite color) and it just made me happy. I sponged the edges of the doily as well as the DSP with I.I. to make it stand out a little. It's all so tone on tone and I love the subtle texture the doily gives. I used my Two-Way Glue pen to adhere it to the DSP. The Ruffled Stretch ribbon is adhered with a piece of Sticky Strip and I lifted the edge just a little to slide my sentiment under. I added a little Tombow under the back end to make sure it stayed put. 




My card uses this sketch-


You know I had to come up with something pretty for the inside, so here it is-



I used the other half of my doily to sponge the inside of my card and I was so happy with how that turned out I had to do a matching envelope.


This card is Sooo not me! And yet, I absolutely love it &  I really did do the happy dance when it was completed. My furbies looked at me like "Oh No! She's being weird again." It's so hard to believe this started with a white paper doily. :) 

That's all I have for you today. I hope it inspires you to come play with us and I really hope it makes you want to step outside of your comfort zone and see what happens. I can't wait to see what you come up with! As always if you have questions, or just want to leave me a little blog love, be sure to leave a comment below. Your comments make my day!

Thanks so much for taking time your of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan