Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just Because / NAC #73

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you are warm and dry, wherever you are. We are preparing for a huge storm here in the DMV, 6-8 inches here in my neck of the woods. :( Well, that's the bad news. The good news is, it's Tuesday and that means it's time for another challenge with the Nacho's. Here's my card-



I'm loving how this card turned out! I have to admit it, at first I wasn't too sure what I was going to do with this week's sketch. If you have followed me for very long you know it's still hard for me to deviate from sketches, even though they are meant to be an inspiration or starting point. So trying to picture this week's sketch in my head was a little hard. Then I remembered this technique. It's my first time doing it, but it won't be the last. I wish it showed up just a little brighter in the picture. I'm almost all packed up for my move in 2 weeks and my photo box has long been broken down. Sorry about that.  Here's this week's sketch-



Although there's not truly 2 rows in my card, I kind of think the little flaps make up rows and there are two of them. :)  *Happy dance*  This card is so pretty in person, soft and feminine, even fairly C&S if you look at the overall design and "white space" So not my normal style, but it works.

Here's the inside-


There wasn't really a way for me to add an element from the front to the inside for my little bit of pretty. :(  So I added one of the stamps from the Hello Lovely Set, which is where I got the inside sentiment. I colored it with my Stampin' Write Markers in two of the main colors and my card was finished.

Well, that's all I have for you today. What do you think of today's card? I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to try something new in your creative time this week. Of course, I also hope it inspires you to play along with us this week. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to leave me a message below.

Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to destroy. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan