Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Masculine Thank You / NAC #67

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a good day and an Awesome week. We've spent the last few days with snow and ice and are expecting another 2-6 inches today. YUCK!!! Today's card reminds me of Fall which seems like just last week since we were in the upper 60's. WOW! What a difference a few days can make.

This week the Nacho's have a sketch challenge for you. I needed a card for our Resident's going away  (I get to make all the clinic cards) and wanted to do something a little different. Here's what I came up with-


I'm so excited with how this card turned out and happily our Resident really liked it too! I've really been loving the emboss resist and I thought it made for a surprising "Pop" of color and a beautiful Masculine card. I don't know about you, but I find them so hard to do! Believe it or not this was a really simple technique. Sponge on different colors, Stamp in VersaMark and Heat emboss, Brayer your top color,  rub the color off the embossed areas and Surprise! you have a beautiful image. Let me know if you have any questions.

This week's sketch is super versatile & I can't wait to see what you come up with-




Here's a closer look at the embossed portion. I just love the colors peeking through. So pretty. Ah, I mean so Masculine. :)


I added a little embossed leaf to the inside for my little something extra and my card was done-


Don't you just love the font on the sentiment. It's from our Photopolymer set. L.O.V.E. it!. Know what else I love and am thankful for? This little beauty-


Nacho's getting so big! She's crawling all over the place and is even pulling herself up to stand like a Big Girl! 

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my card and I hope it inspires you to play along with us this week and to maybe try something new. If you have any questions about today's card or the technique, make sure you leave me a message below.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-

Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan