Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Floral Birthday / NAC #66

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a safe and enjoyable Holiday weekend. The Nacho's have a color challenge for you this week. You know they're not normally my favorite, but I definitely can't say that this week. It's been a rough 2 weeks for me and I'm so happy to bring you today's card. It uses 3 of my favorite colors and it brings a smile to my face, something that has been mostly absent the last 2 weeks.  I hope it makes you smile too. Here's this week's card-



 I don't know about you, but with all the fancy folds and techniques, sometimes I forget about the really simple techniques. I've been enjoying emboss resist lately and I think it was just the "pop" of color this card needed. This card was for one of my good friends birthday. I spent Thanksgiving Day with her. They're kind of like extended family. I used my square framelets to create a "Polaroid" type layer in. I sponged the inside and outside to add a little depth, along with some dimensionals. The sentiment was colored in with my Stampin Write Markers.

In case you haven't figured out the colors, here they are-



You know I couldn't leave the inside plain so here's a look at it-


The Happy Birthday is from Sketched Birthdays. I just colored the inside and left the banner un-colored.

Ok- so here's one more thing that makes me happy. I got to Face-Time with her twice on Thanksgiving Day. Her infectious little smile is the result of seeing herself live on the I-Pad. She was so excited to see that smiling baby!!! Look at those toofers. My sweet, little Nacho turned 8 months old this weekend. Love this little girl.



Well, That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my card and that it inspires you to play along with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with! If you have any questions about today's card, don't forget to leave me a message below and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated. Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan