Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Beautiful Reminder / NAC #69

Pin It
Hey y'all. Merry Christmas Eve! I hope you're having a great day and are looking forward to time with your families and loved ones. It's Tuesday and of course that means it's Challenge Day with the Nachos. This week we have a Sketch for you.

I have to say I had a really hard time getting started with this one. I had so many different ideas for a card, but none seemed just right. Dontcha just hate when that happens. So I decided to try a Scrapbook page. I scrolled through pictures that I had taken recently and came across some that I had taken of my Christmas Cactus and I knew what I was going to do. I don't know about you, but when it comes to indoor plant growing, I'm pretty much a Plant Serial Killer. There's only 3 things I can keep alive. Aloe, last year's Poinsettia, and my Christmas Cactus, and I even managed to kill one of those last year. Apparently a lot of fertilizer that looks like potting soil, is not the same as potting soil! Who knew!?! Poor baby cactus didn't even have time to bloom. My older cactus though has managed to survive despite my lack of skill or perhaps in-spite of it for 11 years. Not only does it give me beautiful blooms at Christmas time, but every year in late June it gifts me with them again. What a Beautiful Reminder of the Christmas Season.

Here's this week's project-


Ever have one of those serendipitous moments, where you go "WOW! Didn't mean for that to happen, but it's kinda cool!"? That's what happened with this background. I had originally color filled it with a solid color, matching it to part of the petals. And then I was trying to get my pictures into the photo boxes and all of a sudden, the picture was there in the background under the color. I don't know about you, but I was just stunned. It looked like a beautiful piece of 12x12 DSP. I added some of the ribbon from last year's Sale-A-Bration and I was finished. :)

Here's the sketch we are playing with this week-



I turned it on it's side and flipped the sentiment too and that's all. 

Here's another pic of the main flower in the background. I simply lightened up the color and it just gives a sweet glow to the picture-


Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed my project and I hope it inspires you to play along with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Who knows, maybe you'll have a little Serendipity too.  If you have questions or just want to leave me a little blog love, be sure to leave your comment in the space below.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated!. Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan