Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Treat Holder / NAC #58

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a good week so far and I'm so glad you took the time to stop by and see me today. :) It's Tuesday and you know I love them because I get to share a new challenge with you. This week's challenge, at Nacho Average Challenges, is a color challenge and even though I don't normally like those very much I was super excited about this week's combo. It's just in time for Halloween and I have a big team meeting coming up in 2 weeks and was looking for something to make. So if I'm ruing the surprise for any of you, sorry about that, just pretend to be surprised ok? I think this is also going to be my Halloween Treat for the people at work.  Here's this week's project-




How cute is this!?! And you are not going to believe how Super-Simple it was to make. Can you guess the colors? They are perfect for Halloween projects! Make sure to read on for tips on how to make this.


Even though I'm still not convinced about Summer Starfruit on its own, put it with certain colors and it's amazing!

I got to use my New Envelope Punch Board and I have to say I'm in LOVE!!! I literally made the envelope for this in about a minute. It uses a 5x5 piece of cardstock and you start at 2 inches for your first score. This size envelope is perfect for gift cards too, but unless it's a Serious amount on the gift card, I'm going to be just as happy with some Chocolate. I will say that I made a few of these before I decided on the final one above. 

Here's the first one-


Cute, but it still needed a little something. So after a few tries with different embossing folders and glitters I ended up with the Polka Dot EF. It gave it a little something without being too much. I put the envelope folded up in the EF and ran it through my Big-Shot and it embossed everything. I was afraid it wouldn't work but it did. Make sure that you stamp and glitter your images first though or you won't get good coverage when you stamp. The spiders are from the new PhotoPolymer set Bite Me. Love that Name! I stamped them with VersaMark and then used our Heat and Stick powder and  new Black glitter. The Striped paper is from our New Halloween Witches Brew DSP and it's Tombowed on to my envelope. I colored the Trick or Treat tag from Tags 4 You in with my Stampin' Write Markers and punched it out with my new Label Bracket Punch and popped it up with a Dimensional. I got the stamp set Free at Convention and it has 5 stamps that you can use from Fall through Valentine's Day.

Well that's all I have for you today, I sure hope you liked today's project and I hope it inspires you to play along with the Nacho's and to get busy on your gift holders for the upcoming holidays. If you have any questions about today's project, be sure to leave me a message below and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated. Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan