Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Perfect Blend /NAC # 54

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a good weekend, and that you're having a great week so far. :)

I don't know about you but I'm always so excited when Tuesday's come around because it means we have an all new challenge at Nacho Average Challenges. This week it's all about Color. Now if you're new to my blog, these are my least favorite challenges... there's just sooo many possibilities! However, I'm pretty excited with how today's card turned out. I kept it pretty clean and simple, well at least for me that is. There's not even a dimensional or a speck of glitter to be found anywhere, and here it is-


Here's the Color Challenge we have for you-


Great colors, don't you think? I started with a base of Soft Suede cut at 4 1/4 x 11 scored @ 5 1/2. I used my Stripes Embossing Folder and Big Shot to create the plaid design with the Pear Pizzazz and Island Indigo colors on a scrap of Very Vanilla c/s. The best way to do this is to use your Brayer to add your ink to your folder. Note I said the "best way." Yep, guess who couldn't find her brayer in all the packed supplies? I had to apply my ink directly from my pad to my folder. That kept my color from being applied evenly, which probably wouldn't have bothered too many people, but did you notice the title of my blog? Obsessive-Compulsive. However, I'm going to go with the fact that most plaids are not uniform in color... that's my story and I'm sticking with it. I mounted my new plaid background on a piece of Pear Pizzazz c/s. I actually think this could also be a really feminine card as well with a lighter base, but since I couldn't find my brayer, it was just taking a little more time than I had to give with the move prep to try and make a second "feminine" version. Perhaps once the move is finished. Oh and in case you were wondering, I inked the word Coffee up with my Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker and used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so I could stamp it 3 times on the label.

Most of you know I love pretty insides, so you know I had to do something there too, right? Here's what I came up with-


If you had told me I would ever have liked a set with the word "Grunge" in it, I would have told you that you were crazy! Even when we found out we were getting the Gorgeous Grunge set as one of our Free Convention Sets, I wasn't quite convinced about it, but I have to say, I'm a Believer! It was perfect for the coffee splatters here. :)  And, how about that coffee cup ring? I used the lid to one of my embossing powders? I don't remember who I first saw that trick with, I think it was Ms. Lee Conroy, but how  great is it with this set!?!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my card and I sure hope you'll come play with us and give this week's challenge a try. I can't wait to see what you come up with! If you have questions about today's card, leave me a comment below and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated. Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan