Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Believe... Welcome Back From Summer / NAC #53

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a safe, restful, and happy Labor Day weekend with your family and friends. :) Now normally I would be trying to post the new Digital Downloads for you this morning but I'm very excited to be sharing something new with you instead. I'm on the Nacho Average Design Team and every Tuesday Morning we will have a new challenge for you. It will either be a sketch or a color challenge. My teammates and I will share our takes on the challenge with you and we hope you'll show us what you come up with too! This is my first time being on a Design Team and I'm so excited to be taking this journey with all of you.

Here's my card for this week-


And here's this week's sketch-


Do you ever see a certain type of card and love how it looks but never make it yourself? I have never designed and stamped on newsprint/patterned paper before. I've loved the look on plenty of other's cards, but have just shied away from it personally. I even bought the whole pack of DSP and horror of horrors never stamped on it. But, I figured being with the Nacho's was a chance for me to Challenge myself so Go Big or Go Home and you know what? I really like the effect! It's so subtle.  I inked up part of my background stamp with my Stampin' Write Markers and stamped it directly on my new Modern Medley Print DSP. 

It's hard to see but for just a little something extra, I added a some Dazzling Details to the little hummingbird and scattered around on the flowers.


                          



The sentiment is from Snowflake Soiree and is stamped in Warm Brown Sugar to match the card base. I thought it just went well with the overall feel of the card. I used my paper snips to flag the end. I know a lot of people use their square punch, but I swear, I just can't get it even that way! Old school for me I guess. I sponged the edges with Strawberry Slush and used my bone folder to give it a little dimension. A little Tombow at the end and in the middle was all it took to secure it.

Here's a look at the inside, you know I like pretty insides-


The sentiment here is from Blooming with Kindness. See that sweet little bird at the bottom? He's just left over from the front. Let's not tell him that though. :) I just huffed on the stamp to re-moisten it and stamped it again. I added a little more Dazzling Details and my card was done. I know just who this card is going to and I sure hope they like it! How about you?

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my card and I hope it inspired you to play along with us over at Nacho Average Challenges. We can't wait to see what you come up with! I'd love to hear what you think, so if you have questions or comments, don't forget to leave me a message below. 

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe,

Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan