Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Wishy-Washi Thank-You :) / NAC #55

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a good week! I have a bright a sunny card for you today.

I don't know where you are, but not only has it been a little overcast here in the DMV, but yesterday we had a very sad day with the mass shooting at the Navy Yard. So even though this card was made a few weeks back for a different occasion, it really fits for today's post. By the way, if you get a moment and you believe in the power of prayer or at least the power of goodwill, if you get a chance to send some good thoughts and positive energy to the families of those that lost love ones up here and those who will be struggling to go to work now due to this tragedy, I'm sure it would be much appreciated by all.

Do you ever find it funny how you get inspiration for your cards or projects? This week at Nacho Average Challenges  we have a sketch challenge, and as soon as I saw this week's sketch I knew what I wanted to use right off the bat. YEA!!! I just didn't know how I was going to get there? *Facepalm* But I persevered and I'm so excited with the end result. Here's what I came up with-

Can I just tell you that I did a little happy dance when I finished with this card? Yep! *HappyDance* 

Ok- that was after I conceded that I wasn't going to be able to easily add the gift card under the embossed framelet piece. But really, it didn't take me long to give that little bit up, then I danced around. I originally wanted to lift the flap up and have the gift card underneath, but in the end it wouldn't have laid nice enough so I'm happier with it like this. Many of you know I'm trying to sell my house. Well, I have some really good neighbors that built their house at the same time that I did 11 years ago. While I've been a single mom, the husband has often helped to shovel my sidewalk in the winter or mow my yard in the summer. I would go out to do it and just find it already done. So I got them a Gift card so they can go out to a nice dinner. They have a sweet little girl that I've watched grow up, and there's enough on the card for her to go too, but I'll offer to watch her so they can have a date night.

Here's the sketch we were using-

Sorry about the blurry photo, somehow I think I missed the newest upload. :(

When I first saw this sketch I knew I wanted to use Washi tape. Isn't funny how that works? Not DSP, not ribbons or embellishments, Washi right off the bat. Then I just had to figure out the rest of it. I have to say it actually came together pretty quick especially since my stamp room is in the closet.  I used my Gingham Garden Washi and DSP in addition to my Perfect PolkaDots and Plenty of Petals Embossing Folders. I created the whole card sitting on the floor of one of my spare bedrooms in about 30 minutes. LOVE when that happens. Normally I have a pretty inside to show you but I forgot to get pictures. More pretty washi inside though.  

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it brings a little sunshine and cheer into your day. What I really hope though is that it makes you want to pull out your supplies and play along with us Nachos. We can't wait to see what you come up with! If you have questions about today's card, or just want to give me a little digital love, feel free to leave me a message below and I'll be sure to get back to you. Your comments make my day!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. you are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe-
Shan




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're part of our team now!! Love seeing all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me! So excited to be a part of such a talented group!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan