Saturday, March 30, 2013

Welcome Bella! & How To Come Up With A Great Nickname /NAC #39

Pin It
Hey y'all. I'm so excited to do this post, but sooooo very tired so this is gonna be quick. Ok, so it will probably be Shan quick, but you know what I mean. It's been a busy week, but you know what's been really busy? The last 16 hours. I got a special little Easter present and I'm so excited to share it with you in today's project, but make sure you read on after, cuz you're gonna want to know about the nickname part of the title. Honest.... So without further ado, here's this weeks entry for Nacho Average Challenge #39. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's truly a "Labor of Love" in more ways than one.


I'm sure you're not going to fault me for the X-Large picture there instead of the normal sized one, right? Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! How Stinkin' Precious is she!?! Well let me just tell you, 8.1 pounds and 20 inches long that's how much. I'm so in love I just can't even tell you!  This is the very sweet and I think beautiful Eribella Syn, my early Easter present from my sweet daughter and son-in-love and I'm thrilled.

My daughter went into the hospital yesterday afternoon at 1:30 in the afternoon and we were up until late this morning with this little beauty. She arrived at 4:55 this morning. Well worth the loss of sleep, I assure you. While I was waiting yesterday I decided to start work on some pages for the new love in my life.  I got out my Mac-book and started working on a layout. I knew I wanted something special for her first page and I also needed to whip up something for this week's sketch challenge over at NAC so why not combine the two. MDS makes it so easy to do this. I love that I'm able to create on the fly like this. Here's this week's sketch-


So I kept to it, except I made my project a square instead of a rectangle. So simple! I had everything ready in a snap. All I had to do was find just the right pic to put in it. Oh, yeah, and wait...and wait..and wait. 

So, Would you like to know how to come up with a great Nickname? You have to be in just the right spot at just the right time and be open to whatever you happen to hear, no matter how it might sound at first. I can't say this will work all the time, but it sure worked out great this morning when my sister and I were tired and punchy and waiting for Bella's first hour on mommy's chest to be over so we could get in some snuggle and picture taking time. Well, I decided to show her the layout I had created. However, since I didn't know how long the labor was gonna take and if I'd have a pic to put in it and finish it before I sent it in, it was just titled Nacho #39 in MDS. So when it opens at 5:30 my sister says "I love Nacho 39's page" and just like that a nickname was created. And so it was after, we almost peed ourselves laughing, that Baby Bella was officially nicknamed Nacho. Well at least to Gigi (me) and Lili (her Aunt Lisa). I'm sure her cousins Beaner and Spanks will be more than happy to join in on that fun too. 

I'm happy to report that aside from being tired, everyone is doing well. That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's project and had a little giggle too. If you liked today's project or have questions about it, I hope you'll take just a moment to leave me a comment in the space below. I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. Its not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan