Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Birthday's and Secret Surprises....

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! Ok. I know you're having a little bit of a shock right now seeing me so soon after Saturday night's post. I'm trying so hard to find a way to post more often, and if that means I have to start taking my laptop back to work and posting on my lunch break, well then, that may be what I use my breaks for. We'll just have to see. :)

My sweet darling had a birthday last week and I made him a special card. I didn't want to post it here ahead of time because he actually surprised me and said he reads my blog. Yep. Had me bawling like a stinking baby! And then, I got busy getting ready for the baby shower and what-not, but I wanted to share it with you today. It's definitely a step away from my normal style, quite a few steps actually and then I threw in a special twist that even my Special Agent with his mad Investigative Skills didn't see right off the bat. Here's today's card-


I started with the DSP from the Fan Fair collection and cut out this section of the map. Because Ireland is important to us both I made sure it was shown and then the Eastern Coast of the U.S. too. Originally I just roughed up the edges and for those of you that know me, that was hard enough, but yes, you are seeing this correctly, I crumpled the paper up. I misted it with the Stampin' Scrub and then crumpled it. I will say that I went back over it with the bone folder to smooth it down some but still, baby steps. I sponged over the edges and the top with some Early Espresso to add a little depth and bring out the wrinkles. This piece was adhered onto a piece of Bravo Burgundy with 9 Dimensionals. 

The fact that you cans see Ireland and America was surprise #1 for my darlin. If you look real hard at the bottom right hand corner of the DSP you can see the 2nd. Can you see "place to be"? Well, that's not part of the writing in the DSP. Nope it's something I added for my sweetie. Here's a better look-


It says "With you is my favorite place to be" It's from the For the Birds stamp set and I stamped it in VersaMark and then sponged over in with the Early Espresso and buffed it off with a towel. You don't really see it unless you know to hold the card at an angle. I thought he would enjoy the little hidden surprises in his card, and he did.

Here's the inside-


Well, I'm happy to report, my honey loved his card, and I hope you are happy with it too! That's all I have for you today. If you liked it or have any questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment in the space below. I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more bout the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan