Saturday, February 16, 2013

Multi-Tasking & "Carry-ing On" for the Nachos / NAC #33 / My Challenge #60

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Saturday. I hope you're having a great start to your Holiday weekend! As usual it seems like I have too much to do and not enough time to do it in but you know there was no way I wasn't going to make time for my some of my favorite peeps, The Nacho's. That's right, I've been with them since the beginning and they are feeling like family.

On a little side note.... Can I just tell you I even got cards from some of them while I was recuperating from my recent surgery? Yep. Now, I'm not talking, e-cards. Nope! I'm talking, honest to goodness handmade-with-love cards, you know the ones we make, and put on our blogs but usually end up siting in our craft rooms and not in the hands of others for some weird reason. And even the ones that didn't send cards sent get well messages. So sweet! Thanks so much to the Nacho's and to all you Fabulous people who have managed to stumble upon my little corner of bloglandia. You are the reason I want to keep coming back to this key-board and "carry-on". And with that, here's this week's card,



I really surprised myself with how this came out. I didn't sponge any edges, nothing. And after I decided which set I wanted to use it came together just like I wanted. Yea! I used the Carry On, Hostess set from the Big Catalog and the DSP is from the Sycamore Street Set in the Sale A Bration Catalog. I used some of my favorite colors, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo (my all-time fav) because they are all retiring soon. The solid color squares are all adhered with Dimensionals as are the smallest squares with the stamped images. For the square with the sentiment I double stacked the  Dimensionals on the outside for added height and used Mini-Glue Dots on the inner edges. Oh, and all of this was layered on a piece of Very Vanilla c/s 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2.

Here's a little closer look-



I love playing along with The Ladies at Nacho Average Challenge. They always have great challenges and lots of great DT inspiration too. This week is certainly no different. Here's this weeks great sketch-




I simply flipped the sketch on it's side. Other than that, I stayed absolutely true to it. :)

Here's a look at the inside-



I have two words for anyone who thinks I might have stamped those words without my SAMJ.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! &
NOT
SO, I misjudged and started the words a little high because lets face it, when you lay the stamps out there's all that extra space around the words and I didn't want to run out of room at the bottom. This is one reason I don't like to do one layer cards on the onside, no room for oops! The good news is no one will likely ever see the inside of the card as it will most likely end up in my office to remind me to just "carry on".

Did you get the title? If you're talented enough, especially at home with a good enough internet connection you can Create, have your cake (cupcake) and shop all at the same time, and sometimes you even get to shop for your stamps and get extra stuff for free. Thats the best, :)

Well, that's al I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card, and I hope it inspires you to try something just a little different than your normal style. If you liked today's card or have questions about it I hope you'll leave me a comment at the bottom of this post. I read all of your comments and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin this card, I've put those buttons on my page for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome. :)

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of bloglandia. You are very appreciated. Till Next Time.

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to Pass, it's about Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,

Shan


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. As usual, great card! I look forward to seeing your weekly creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! Love the colors! and, I love my SAMJ, too!!! Couldn't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shan, what a clever use of our sketch this week. And I'm a super fan of the SAMJ, too! I can eye ball a lot, but it is a go to tool of mine. I love your color scheme is Devine.
    Thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan