Monday, January 7, 2013

Feel Good - Good Luck / Paper Craft Crew #23

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a restful weekend and are having a great day. I've been watching the Alabama Crimson Tide ROLL Over Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship Game while having a little creative time. I'm so upset football season is almost over. :( It's late so I'm gonna make a quick post while I can. I'm really missing getting to create and post everyday, but am really enjoying my new job. I've also trying to post more MDS. They haven't all made it onto here yet but they are at least making it onto the MDS Challenge FB Page. I'll try and get them here a little more too.

I'm not sure I've played over at the Paper Craft Crew Challenges, but I've had them on my reader for a while and they've got some great DT Members and some great challenges too. So many great sites and challenges and unfortunately, so little time. This challenge closes tomorrow at midnight so you still have a little time to join on in the fun. For those of you that don't know, I'm a Certified Occupational Health Nurse for the Army. We've had a great Resident with us for the last two months and he was such a pleasure to work with. He had a great smile and laugh and if we could have kept him permanently we would have. But sadly he is off to another site, but I wanted to make a card for him before he left. Masculine cards are so hard for me, so having a great sketch really helped. I dug into my box-o-new-products and this is what I came up with-





Here's the sketch I was working with-

I couldn't quite fit everything in, but I think it's still recognizable.



 I started with a base of Midnight Muse. This was topped with Crumb Cake, a color I use far too little off except for sponging. *SMH* For my center panel, I used Summer Starfruit topped by a piece of DSP from our new Print Poetry Pack. Lots of Fabulous new DSP's and it's in a smaller format, so if you're like me and find it hard to finish off a pack of regular DSP, then this is for you! My sentiment is from the new Feel Goods and is stamped on a piece of Naturals Ivory c/s. I used my Stampin' Write Markers to color the stamp in Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit. I thought highlighting the one word would really help it to stand out-


I used some of our new ribbon and our new Silver Buttons. I couldn't find my linen thread so I used Bakers Twine instead. The new buttons have a lot of heft to them so I used my Early Espresso Bakers Twine and wrapped it around the ribbon before threading it back through the button holes and tying it in a bow. I also took some Dimensionals pieces (you know the ones from the sides) and placed them under the button to help secure it. Worked like a charm!


Here's a look at the inside-

I used more of the same DSP from the front to accent the inside. Just because it's a masculine card doesn't mean it shouldn't be pretty. The sentiment is from a retired set. I try not to use those too often, but it was the only one I had that said Good Luck. 

Wanna know something? He loved it! Yea! *Happy-Dance* He said he keeps all of his cards and this one would be no exception. What do you think? I hope you and the ladies over at PCCC like it too! Well that's all I have for you today. If you liked today's card or have any questions about it, I hope you'll leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you and read all my comments. They really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience as well. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan