Saturday, December 22, 2012

Life is an Adventure / Happy Birthday Jas

Pin It
Hey y'all. Yep, I go for weeks barely managing to get 2 posts in a week and today I get 2 posts back-to-back. Oh well, I hope you don't mind hearing from me again so soon..

Today is my best friend's birthday and I have something to say...
Happy Birthday Jas!!!!!
Once again, I'm a slacker friend and didn't manage to get his card done and in the mail in time to get to him but at least I made him something special. If you've followed me for a while you might remember this card from last year. It had a special design just for my friend from NoLa. While this one doesn't have any special hidden designs I hope he likes it and I of course hope you do to. Here's my special card for my very special friend Jason, and because I'm a slacker he's seeing it here first with all of you so there's a few extra pics-





I started with a base of Early Espresso and layered a piece of Candlelight Christmas DSP on top. I chose this pattern because it mirrors one of my stamped images from the card. Next I layered a flap-style card on top of this. (The measurements are upstairs so I'll come back and add them to the bottom of the post later) I took a strip of E.E. c/s and scored it matchbook style and then used my Scalloped Border Punch to trim the short end. You can see this better in a later picture. I stamped the footprints from the set Daring Adventure in Crumb Cake, stamping off once so it was even more subtle. This was mounted on double Dimensionals for enough height to let the end flap slide underneath easily without bending.

Here's the flap opened up, you can see the scalloped edge here. Even though you can just barely see the scalloped edge when this part is closed, I like it because it's the small things that I think make a nice card more special-



The sentiment and image are also from the Daring Adventure stamp set. See how the stamped image mirrors the pattern on the DSP. :) Here's a close-up-


I chose this sentiment because even though we don't get to see each other nearly enough, I'm so excited to be a small part of the Daring Adventure that is my friend Jason's life. Thanks buddy for allowing me to share it all with you!

Here's a look at the inside-


I stamped the footprints a few times more and the sentiment is from the You're Amazing set, which is pretty fitting because my friend Jas is just that....Pretty Amazing. Oh I used Naturals Vanilla c/s for the inside piece and the pieces on the front flap card too.

Well, that's really all I have for you now. I hope you like it and I really hope Jason does too! Happy Birthday My Dear Friend! I love you bunches!!!!! I hope your day is as Amazing as you are and the upcoming year just as Fabulous.

If you liked today's card, or have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you and I read them all. They really do make my day!!! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card I've put the buttons here on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan