Tuesday, December 18, 2012

End of the Week Technique #60 - Crimped Paper Treat Holder

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great week so far. :) So I know it's not the end of the week yet but I had a few minutes and I wanted to share this with you while I could. This is another of my 12 Days of Christmas/Secret Santa gifts for one of my co-workers. This is the first one I made and I made it as a "Thank-You" for one of the Military Staff Members in our clinic. She always makes me smile and I wanted to give her a little something extra to say "Thanks" for always making me smile. I'm showing you hers because it was the first one I made and I took pictures as I made it.

Here's today's project-



Crimped Paper Treat Holder

Isn't it cute? I can promise you this is one package they won't be getting a sneak peek of. It's seriously sturdy and secure. I started with a piece of Raspberry Ripple c/s large enough to wrap around my treat which, in this case, was a pack of Juicy Fruit. I had seen my friend snacking on this last week and thought it was sure to be liked. :) I added a square of DSP that I cut out from one of our sheets. I think there's 16 different squares per sheet. I adhered it with Tombow and then added some Dazzling Diamonds to "Bling it Up" just a little bit. Here's a closer look-



Did you notice the ends of the package? I bet you're thinking I used the Paper Crimper to do that. Wrong. How excited am I to tell you I came up with this idea all on my own? I really do love being able to tell you I had an original idea and even more that it worked! I have a Paper Crimper that I've only used a few times, but since SU retired it earlier this year I didn't want to use it. I wanted to see if I could get the same effect without it, and I'm happy to say I was able to! Here's a closer look-


Pretty Cool, Huh!?! Yep, I was doing a little Happy Dance over this one. Oh, and I let Tink have a little fun too, just because.

Wanna know how I did it? It's so easy you're not gonna believe it...

What you need for this week's technique- Cardstock in the color of your choice, Adhesive (Sticky Strip is preferred however, I was out when I made this and used my favorite Tombow and am happy to say it held just fine) and your Simply Scored tool.

Here's how you do it-
1- Cut a piece of c/s large enough to wrap around your treat and long enough to "crimp" the edges. About 1 1/2 inches on each end should be good.
2- Center your treat and then apply adhesive down the edge so you can "seal" the edges together. This will be centered on the underside of your treat. Gently fold your c.s over and press down on the seam until it's secured. Then you can slide your treat back in.
3- Seal both ends, one at a time in the same manner.
4- Sure your treat is secured now but, let's make it look really nice. (No pictures of this next step, because I simply don't have enough hands. Sorry. I know you'll get the idea though.) Take one end and line it up against the top corner of your Simply Scored and using your stylus score down the edge. I scored in each score channel and I did 4 on each side. You have to score carefully because the c.s is double thick so it's hard to stay in the channels. Here's another look at the scoring-
Not only is this decorative, but I think it actually helped the edges to stay sealed when it was just the Tombow. Here's one last look at the finished product-


5- Smile when you see what you've created and smile even bigger when you think of the smile it will bring it's recipient- I really do just L.O.V.E. that part!

Well, that's all I have for you today. It's quick and easy and easily customizable to the size of your treat.  Oh and by quick I mean about 15 minutes start to finish. It took me far longer to write this than it did to make today's project. I really hope you liked today's project and I hope it inspires you to try something new. Oh and btw- my friend really liked her surprise. Sometimes it really is the small things in life that make us happy. If you liked today's project or have any questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message below. I read them all and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan