Thursday, November 29, 2012

End of the Week #57 - Scribbled-Spritzed Markers / NAC # 23 / My Challenge #49

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope you're having a great week so far. It's been so cold here lately. I can't stand it! I miss the warmth, like crazy. I really miss the beach and all the beautiful sunsets.  This week over at Nacho Average Challenge they have a color challenge. Now normally color challenges are so not my favorites, but this one inspired me and I couldn't wait to get too it.

Here's today's card-

Card featuring Scribbled-Spritzed Marker Technique


Here's the challenge-





I love this color combo! Yea! When I saw it, I was reminded of a recent sunset. It was so pretty I had to  take a picture-

You know I probably should have used "Like A Tree"
 but I didn't. I just went with another silhouette.
Here's a close-up-


I started with a base of Midnight Muse and added a layer of Raspberry Ripple. My focal point uses a base of Glossy White c/s. The image is stamped in Midnight Muse. It took me a few tries but I'm so happy with how it turned out.

Here's a look at the inside-


Both the image and sentiment are from the same set and are stamped in Midnight Muse.

What do you think? Didn't it turn out pretty? This was the first time I tried this technique, and I'm pretty sure I will try it again. I will say though it is not one for those of us with more than a little Stamping OCD. If you're not as OCD as I am, you may be able to let loose and just go with it. :) Oh and you have to wait for it to dry to get the full effect.

Here's what you'll need for this technique- Stampin Write Markers, an old plastic stamp case,  Glossy cardstock, coordinating colored c/s, the stamp set of your choice and a spray bottle filled with water. Although you could probably use just about any type of stamp, line or solid image I chose to use a solid silhouette.

Here's what you do- this is another easy technique, you won't believe how easy it is. I just tend to make things harder than they really are....darn OCD!!!
1- Choose your colors- take your colors and scribble them onto your plastic case. You want to make sure that you scribble enough to equal your card stock both height and width, then add a little extra.


***Tip*** - start with your lightest color and then add the darker ones. This way you won't get any dark colors in your light marker's tip.
2- Lightly spritz the case with water. This is what it will look like. You can see the water droplets in my pic. :)




3- Take your Glossy c/s and lay it glossy side down onto the case, carefully. Take your Grid Paper and use it to rub the c/s onto the stamp so every surface is covered.
4- Lift it off the case carefully being sure to only touch the edge....unless of course you want a multicolored finger-print on your card.
5- Let this dry. You may have a line down one of your edges where the color poled as you lifted it off. If you just can't bear it, you can cut your paper down to avoid that. (That's what I did)
6- Once your paper is dry, stamp as you normally would. I used the floral image from "Just Believe" and stamped it twice.
7- Layer on your card or scrapbook page as desired.
8- Smile when you see your finished product. Smile even more when you think about the smile it will  bring to its recipients face. Boy, I love that part!

Here's another look-



See! I told you it was easy. Do you like it? I hope so and I hope the ladies over at NAC like it too. If you haven't joined them yet, why not hop on over as soon as you're done here. They are pretty darn fabulous...and their challenges are too! I hope this inspires you to try something new today, or whenever it is you're reading this. :D If you liked today's card or have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message in the space below. I read all of my comments and they really do make my day!!!If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put those buttons here on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to dance in the resin.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan