Friday, October 12, 2012

Then & Now / MDS Scrapbook Page

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you're having a great day and are preparing for an Amazing weekend. I'm having a get-together at my house tonight, a team meeting to go to tomorrow and then to my friend Brenda's house afterwards. Sunday is of course filled with football and more creativity. Sounds like a fun and busy weekend for me. :)

I've got a new scrapbook page for you today. I was fooling around with my MDS2 a week ago or so and made 2 separate pages in one sitting and haven't found the time to share either one until now. (Bad Shan!) As many of you know, my beautiful daughter got married a few weeks back. One of her Best Friends, Kendra, was a bridesmaid. These girls have been like two peas-in-a-pod since they met in high school on the first day of Field Hockey Practice. When I was loading all of my old pictures onto my new Macbook I found some of the two of them from J's birthday. It made me smile and I wanted to capture the moment. I thought it would be fun to show how they were then and how they are now. Here's today's project-


All of the layers are from the Summer Smooches Digital Collection. I chose the layers from the colors in the pictures. I really love how the drop shadow makes the paper layers look real. I used one of the alphabet punches that came with my MDS2 program for the words and filled them with a contrasting paper from the same collection and then outlined them in Gray for a little added depth and definition.
I think the text on the banner is a font called Noteworthy. The banner was easy to do with our Flag Punch. It's simply filled with Whisper White and outlined with Island Indigo. The Fabric Summer Smooches Brad ties all the colors together. For those of you that know me or have been following me for any length of time, you know mixing and matching patterns is not something I feel at all comfortable doing. I was really kind of nervous about trying all of these bright colors and patterns together but I think in the end it turned out really nice. The best part, it reflects the spirit and joy of the two beautiful girls it's showcasing.

I hope they love it and I hope you do to. I swear I'm going to figure out how to get the supply list to copy over to here. I'll try and figure that out this weekend. I love hearing from you so if you liked today's project or have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message. I read them all and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you  have an Amazing weekend filled with lots of time for Family, Friends and of course Creativity! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Remember also- Love Does Not Hurt! October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan