Monday, October 15, 2012

Heartfelt Congratulations

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. Mine was jam-packed with activities. I didn't get to do much designing of my own, but I spent lots of time with some great friends and with the family. Hopefully I'll be able to do lots in the near future. I need to stay busy right now. My sweetie was supposed to be moving cross-country with his job for a year at the end of this month. We found out about this move at the beginning of October...he left this morning. :( Hopefully I can use this time to be creative and get lots done for my business, school-work, and getting my house sold. We'll see. It's hard to do too much when you can barely see though all the stoopid tears.

Ok. pity party done with, well at least for the next few minutes. :) I'm sharing a card with you today that I've had done since the end of July. I kept meaning to post it and somehow it kept getting pushed back. Hope you like it-

Congratulations card featuring Layered Labels and Comfort Cafe

It's a pretty C&S card. I started with a base of Cajun Craze. Next I layered on a piece of Comfort Cafe DSP that I cut out with my new Oval Accents Bigz Die. This was sponged with some Soft Suede. I have to say I really like how it almost looks like the Cajun Craze piece was cut with the Die and the DSP isbehind that layer. This DSP collection has such warm colors, perfect for fall, or masculine cards or anytime you need that comfy cozy feeling. The DSP layer is topped by a stamp from the Layered Labels set. I stamped it in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla c/s twice and formed the layers by cutting one with my Apothecary Accents Framelets and by hand-cutting the second. Both were then colored in lightly with a Blender Pen and more Soft Suede Classic Ink and then sponged with the same color.The layers were then adhered with Dimensionals and the front of my card was done. Told you it was pretty simple.

Here's a closer look at the focal point-


I really do love using my Blender Pens and Classic Ink Pads to color my images. Love the soft look of this.

Here's the inside-


I decided to carry the shaped theme to the inside. The sentiment is actually part of another stamp but I only wanted the sentiment and not the outlining shape. I simply inked the stamp with my Stampin' Write Marker and got just the image I wanted. Love my markers for giving me such versatility! The V.V. panel is sponged with Soft Suede and adhered to my card base with Tombow and my card was finished.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it. :) I love hearing from you so if you liked today's card or have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message below. I read all of them and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on my blog for you. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe & Remember October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Love Does NOT Hurt!
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan