Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another Googly Ghouls :) / My Challenge #44 / TSSC # 243

Pin It
*Edited 10/24/12*

Hey y'all Happy Wednesday. When I posted this yesterday, I planned on entering it into this weeks The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. However I had also hoped on doing another post for today. However I've had a Family Emergency and am uncertain as to whether or not I will be able to make an additional post today. If you get a chance, it would be great if you could remember my family in your thoughts and prayers.
Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom to see all the entries in this weeks Blog Hop and Thanks to Terry for Hosting it!


Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I can't believe there's only a week left until Halloween and then I have to put my cute little Googly Ghouls away. How sad am I about that? They've been my favorite Halloween stamp E.V.E.R.! Well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy the next few days and make them last. :)

I was looking through my feeds yesterday and found a fun new sketch over at Mary Jo's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge and thought it would be fun to play along with. This is a Blog Hop so make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of this post to see all the entries or join in on the fun! Of course when I saw the sketch I knew my sweet little ghouls would fit perfectly so it was just a matter of who was going to get to play. Here's what I came up with-

Halloween Card featuring
Googly Ghouls Stamp Set
Know how you get an idea and it seems good, you know you like it at first and then you see it later and go Augh!?! I love all the different elements of today's card, but now I'm kinda thinking I should have cut my little friend out and had him hanging from my fabulous, sparkly web. I may have to see if I can salvage him when I get home. You know I tell it to you guys like it is. Right? Right!!! Don't get me wrong, I still like it, I'm just wondering if it could have better.


*Edited 10/24/12*

Hey y'all, I went home and tried hanging my little fella from the web and here's how it turned out. Be prepared for the bling because it actually captured Amazingly well-

Holy Moley at the Shine! He looks almost like he's part of the web. :)



Here's Mary Jo's great sketch-



Instead of the scalloped border I ruffled some of our new Striped Satin Ribbon. Before I adhered it, I added one of our cute little ribbon slides. Not sure why I felt the need to add the slide especially since it's almost hidden in the folds, but I thought it was something a little un-expected maybe. The ribbon is adhered to the back of the DSP Panel with a little SNAIL and to the front with a line of Sticky Strip.

Here's a closer look at the focal point-



First I took a piece of DSP from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone Collection and ran it through my Big Shot in my Spider Web E.F. I just love the effect you get by doing that. Next I lightly sanded it to bring out the white core and make the web even more dimensional. This was adhered to the base with some Tombow. Because, I don't always adhere to Coco Channel's wisdom about not having too much, I then let Tink have a little fun. :) I was trying for a "dark, spooky, night" background and sponged on layers of Basic Gray and Wisteria Wonder, but I'm not sure that really came across as well as I would have liked. My sweet little friend was stamped in Black Staz-On on a scrap piece of Naturals White c/s and colored with Sahara Sand and Basic Gray Classic Inks and my Blender Pens. I let Tink dress him up a little. Just because you're in rags doesn't mean you can't still be stylin'. The edges of this panel were sponged in Wisteria Wonder before being Tink'ed out. It was then adhered with Dimensionals and the front was done.

*Edited 10/24/12*

Here's a closer look at my little guy just "hanging out". I cut him out of the original panel and adhered him to the web. I like it much better this way-


Here's the inside-


I kept it very simple here. Both the sentiment and the image are from the same googly Ghouls set and are stamped in Black Staz-On. A little sponging around the edges in Wisteria Wonder and my card was finished. I'm really loving the combination of Basic Gray and Wisteria Wonder. Makes for a monochromatic card with just a little twist. :)

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope Mary Jo does too. Don't forget to stop by and bookmark or RSS feed her site. It's a great spot for challenges and inspiration. This is a Blog Hop so make sure to come back to see who else has linked up. Better yet, have a little fun and join in. You can see everyone from the link below (just click on their picture) and you can even join in from there as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with! :) If you liked today's card or have questions, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you and your comments really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Please also Remember that October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month-

Love Does NOT Hurt!

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. How fun, that webbing is so cool. Love the ribbon too. Great job, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Glimmery & shimmery web- just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous, shining card this is, Shan. I love the sheer elegance of it with that ribbon and gleem. I do like the mummy cut out. That was a good call on your part! I'm so happy you've been a part of The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop all these weeks. Thanks so much! I really appreciate you.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is about the most glamourous Halloween card I think I have scene, so pretty. And I think I like the cut out mummy best. I have those moments often when I just have to redo a card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan