Friday, September 28, 2012

Spin-ny Gingie

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! Just a quick post today as I'm actually a little busy. I hope you've had a great week and are looking forward to an Amazing weekend. I'm going to Annapolis tomorrow for lunch with a bunch of friends but other than that, not sure what the weekend holds yet.

I did today's card a few weeks back. It's one of my favorite types of cards and it just makes me happy. I hope it makes you happy too....

Holiday Spinner Card featuring
Scentsational Season & Snowflake Soiree Stamp Sets

Isn't he cute? This is one of the cards I showed my friend Brenda last week to show her the versatility of this set. She was tickled when she saw him spinning his way across the card. This was a very quick and easy card but it sure makes an impact. I started with a base of Very Vanilla c/s and added DSP  from the Be of Good Cheer collection. I cut two pieces, one for the front and another to layer underneath. A lot of times the mat or card base shows behind the slide and while there's nothing wrong with that look (I've used it before) I wanted it to look like my sweet little Gingie was just spinning his way across the DSP. For my border I used a scrap of Cherry Cobbler c/s that I punched with my Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch and cut in half. It was adhered to the bottom of the DSP with Tombow. This panel was adhered with Dimensionals so Gingie could spin.  The slide is cut using the Word Window Punch. I know you've heard me say it a million times before, o.k. maybe not a million but it's a lot, but this is a must have punch. In fact, if you're only getting one punch to start with, this is the one. Just so you know, the other two must haves would be the Decorative Label and Large Scalloped Circle. Just line up your punch on one side of the paper an punch your way across to the other. I actually punched too close to the sides. :( You know I tell it like it is. But there was no way I was going to cut another piece of DSP that size. I just needed to make it work. So, in order to keep the DSP from tearing when Gingie spun to fast towards the ends, I added Dimensional "stops" under the DSP to keep him from spinning to close to the edge.  

My sweet little cookie was inked with Soft Suede and then stamped off once to give a softer color. He was cut out with the coordinating Holiday Framelet. The bow-tie is punched from the Owl Builder Punch. A few little pearls for his buttons and he was finished.    :) The sentiment is from Snowflake Soiree an was stamped in Soft Suede onto a scrap of V.V. c/s and punched out with the Decorative Label Punch. It was sponged lightly around the edges with Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink and adhered with more Dimensionals and the front was done.

Here's the inside-



This sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I really don't know what I did before I purchased this set. My tasty little friend is stamped again and then a little visit from Tink made him even yummier, hard to believe that's possible. :)

That's all I have for you today. What did you think? I wish you could see it in person. He's just so darn cute spinning head over heels across this card. In addition to the diagonal strip being unexpected, it also gives him more room to spin and therefore gives more opportunities for smiles. I hope he inspires you to make a fun card soon. As soon as I saw this little guy, I knew he would be perfect for this type of card and I was right. I hope you think so too! If you liked today's card or have questions about it I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message below. I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you have an Amazing weekend filled with lots of time for Family, Friends, and of course Creativity. Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,

Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan