Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scentsational Triple Layer Stamping

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great day wherever you may be. It's a beautiful day in the DMV. The sun is shining and even though it was cool this morning waiting for a ride to work, it's supposed to end up being warm this afternoon.

I want to just take a moment real quick to say Thanks! Thanks to everyone who takes time out of their busy days to stop by here. Thanks to those of you that actually read my posts, verbose as they often are. And Many Thanks to those of you that take the time to not only stop by and read about what's going on in my life but leave comments about my cards/projects and even kinder, to ask about what's going on in my life and let me know you care. My first goal of this blog was to make myself step out of my small little OCD box and try to do more and be more. Over time, that desire has really evolved to hoping I can inspire others to do the same. Although I, of course, hoped for visitors and yes even followers, I never really expected that it would happen. To have blog-pals, that I communicate with on a fairly regular basis, and friends I have never me, leave me messages that not only show me that they actually read what I have put out in the universe, but that they care too....well that just means the world to me. When I say at the end of my posts that your comments make my day, I really mean it. Big Glittery Hugs (that way the love stays a little longer, you know that stuff hangs around "for-ever") and much love to you all!!!! Now if only today's card was a Thank-You card it would be just right! :)

I don't have a Thank-You card for you today, but I do have one for you that I hope will make you smile. My very good friend Brenda, (you know the one that's not going away any more *HappyDance*) really liked the new set Scentsational Season when she first saw it in the Holiday Catalog. She thought it would be fun to use. I have to say she's right and it's one of my favorite Holiday sets so far this year. I've made 4 different cards with this set and they are all totally different from each other. Love the versatility!!! Any-who, I decided to make this card last week to show her when we had dinner, so she would have lots of different ideas on how to use it. I also wanted to show her a technique that really makes a statement, but is Super Easy, especially for a beginner. She loved it and I hope you will too.

Here's today's card-

Hoiday Card withTriple Layer Stamping featuring
Scentsational Season and Holiday Framelets
This is a fun card and would be great for a holiday stamp-camp or stamp-a-stack type event. I used 4 of the 6 stamps in this set (not the cocoa mug or steam), stamped a few times added a little glitter and ribbon and I was done. I did use my Holiday Framelets to cut out the tree and the star. They make it soooo easy. Of course, I recommend getting both together and saving 15%. That's extra money to spend on more supplies, duh! Colors used are Raspberry Ripple, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green. Love that new In-Color Stitched Ribbon. :) I really reined Tink in on this card and there's just a little sparkle on the white parts of the tree and a little more on the star. These two elements were elevated with Dimensionals.

Here's the inside-

Inside of Holiday Card featuring
Scentsational Season and Snowflake Soiree

Love, Love, Love this font from Snowflake Soiree. It's so pretty, It does make me a little nutz-o because you have to angle it a little to get it to not stamp at an angle, but it's so pretty it's worth it. A little shimmer on my yummy little candy cane and the inside was finished. I told you this was super easy. Want to know what else makes me a little nutz-o? Those STOOOPID lines on my pictures from my ott-light. I thought it was just with my B.B. but nope, my I-Pad does it too. Usually just with white c/s but still. AUGH! I guess I need to see if it does with my camera too, but it's just such a pain to then upload the pictures in the computer. So much easier to just e-mail them to myself. That way I have them saved in another spot in case, Heaven Forbid, I have another computer malfunction. Don't ask. *SMH*

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to get creative and play around with your stamps today. Why not see, how many different looks you can get out of a set. I know there's lots more to be had with this set. If you liked today's card or have questions about it, I hope you have a moment to leave me message below. I read them all and like I said, they really do make my day and they mean more to me than many of you will ever know. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on here for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow. It's time for another round of The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop and I have a card where I did something for the first time. Can't wait to show it to you!!! : D

Thanks sooooo much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. I know there are lots of blogs to visit out there in blog-landia. You are very appreciated!!! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Shannon. I'm always looking for a stamp set that will look "good" with the triple time stamping technique. This one is sure cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I just ordered this set, now I can't wait for it to come! Thanks! I love your blog as well! So many great ideas and inspiration! God does not put a desire in your heart and then not follow through with you! You are an inspiration to me and countless others! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan