Saturday, September 8, 2012

Scentsational Challenges / My Challenge 37 & 38 NAC #10/CCMCHOL12-01

Pin It
Hey y'all. Hope you're having a great weekend so far. I've got a post for you today because I'm a little late getting my card ready for the Nacho Average Challenge's weekly challenge. I haven't missed one yet, so I have to hurry up and get it posted.

If you've been following me for any length of time you know about my best friend Jason. He lives in Yuma and was here for a 2 week class earlier in the year. Well, he's coming back tomorrow for another 2 week class and I could't be more excited! I spend as much time catching up with him as possible so I try to get all my cards and projects done in advance. I try to get as many challenges done ahead of time too, so I don't have to worry about doing them while he's here. Today's card is for two challenges so I'm counting it for this week's challenge and next week's too. Since one challenge ends tonight and one ends next week I think that's a good compromise. :)

I don't know about you but I love our stamp sets that have coordinating framelets. It makes it so much easier to create really cool projects!I I 'm also loving Nacho Average Challenge's (NAC) weekly challenges. Of course I love the sketch challenges more than the color challenges and of course this weeks challenge is a color challenge. This color challenge was actually the hardest one for me yet. I just couldn't figure out what I was going to do with it. Of course, once I did I still had to figure out what I was going to do with it. I had an idea for how I wanted to use the stamp set, I just had to come up with a layout. Luckily I found a cute one over at Create with Connie and Mary and I was able to get started.

Here's what I came up with-

Holiday card featuring
Scentsational Season and Holiday Framelets


 Here are the two challenges I used-






(You're not going to believe this but I am re-writing this because I forgot to preview it and then when I went back to preview it I hit the wrong button and said revert to draft instead of view and lost the rest of it. AUGH!!!!!)
 So let's try again. I kind of feel this cards a win-win. I get to count it for two challenges (as well as my personal challenge) and the layout makes it fit my Clean & Simple card of the week. :) Love when things work out like that. Although the layout is C&S, there's a lot going on with this card.

I started with a base of Very Vanilla. I ran it through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. The Early Espresso flag is embossed with the Lacey Brocade Embossing Folder. My cup o'hot chocolate is colored in Wild Wasabi and Early Espresso. My candy cane is stamped in Raspberry Ripple. I used the fabulous Holiday Framelets to cut them both out. I then used my Versa Marker and Clear Embossing Powder to make both of them all nice and shiny. I should have emobssed it with one of my scented powders but I forgot. :( I cut a small slit in the E.E. part of my mug and then slid my candy cane down inside and secured it with Dimensionals. The steam image is stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder. My mug and candy cane are adhered to my embossed flag with lots of Dimensionals and it makes it look like the steam was rising from the cup. :)

Here's the inside-

Inside of Holiday card featuring
Scentsational Holiday and Greetings of the Season.
My sentiment is from Greetings of the Season and is stamped in E.E. I love the combination of fonts on that sentiment. It's hard to tell, but I let Tink have her way with my Candy Cane and it's all sparkly and yummy looking.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope the fab D.T. members like it too! I love hearing form you so if you liked today's card or have questions or comments about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment. I read them all and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are every appreciated! I hope you'll stop back by soon to see the new stuff I have waiting for you. Till next time- 

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, very cute...love the candy cane in the mug of cocoa! Thanks for playing along with the Holiday Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I was wondering if you were going to make it this week! :-) So glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a faithful contributor. We appreciate it! Great card. I love this set and framelits too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan