Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"Pear-fectly Preserved"

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. It's a rainy, gloomy day here in the DMV. We are expecting strong winds and rain throughout the day including "Tornado Watches". Oh joy!

*Tangent Alert* Do you have a home security system? I know you're thinking "Where are you going with this Shan?" They really are a nice addition to your home and not that expensive any more. Well, when I built my house I had it wired for a security system and had an extra control pad put in my Master Suite. It seemed the smart thing to do, dontcha think? (Oh, and don't forget about the wireless connectivity just in case your burglars are tech-y and cut your phone lines. Yep, got that too!) Why do most homes only have one control pad near the entry way? If something happens "in the night" I want to be able to disable it or send notifications to the company without having to go downstairs to meet my intruder/s in the entry way in my unmentionables. :) HA! No, seriously, unmentionables. Ugh! I should do it just to show them that's what they get. Me, like that with a 45 Sig in my hand. Double Ha! But I digress...the panel in my room has weather updates (yeah, I'm a total techie) and my control panel not only has the weekly weather on a separate screen, but the daily forecast on the main screen. Know what it said this morning? Rain 100%. Great! And I straightened my hair last night because I'm having dinner with a friend. AUGH!!! It is so an Eeyore kind of day. Why, Yes, I did just throw in a Pooh Bear reference. :) Oh Bother....All this to say, I hope it's warm and sunny wherever you may be and that no one gets to see any really bad weather today. Ok, back on track now. :)

Do you can any of your own food? No, this is not another tangent. My grandmother used to do a little canning but I can't really say that I've done any since I was a little girl. I just use my handy dandy Food-Saver and stock up that way. So when SU came out with the new Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set and Cannery Framelets, I thought that was one set I would be able to resist getting. And then I saw all the really cute ideas with it and thought to myself, "I'm a strong, independent woman. I have will-power. I don't need everything in the catalog. I'm only getting those things that I really love."

Because, you know, if you say these things often enough you can make yourself believe them, right? 

So, I kept seeing all the cute things made with this set and I kept up my Mantra and I was weakening but hanging in there until my friend April made her mummy in a jar. (He's soooo Stinking Cute!!!) That was the tipping point. I had to have this set, and broke down and got it. It really is a cute set though and these are all the rage in the paper-crafting world, so who knows...maybe it will get carried over to the main catalog and not end in January. Until then though I'll have fun with it.

I actually made this card about 2 weeks ago, but am just now getting to post it. I hope you like it as much as I do.



Any Occasion Card featuring
Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set, Cannery Framelets and
Orchard Harvest DSP
Isn't it cute? Look at me mixing and matching DSP's! :) I wasn't too sure about this DSP when I saw it in the catalog but it's one of those that when you get it in your hands it really pops. I took my color scheme from the cross-stitched piece of DSP and made a base of Raspberry Ripple. I added a neutral layer of Very Vanilla that I ran through my Big Shot with the Fancy Fan E.F. and then lightly sponged all over to really show the embossing and to "age" the paper a bit. My DSP is matted with Raspberry Ripple and Lucky Limeade.

I stamped my pears, stems, jar and jar topper and then used my cannery Framelets to cut them out. Love, love, love those framelets and matching stamp sets. They just make creating so much easier. Even better is getting them at a 15% discount when you get them as a bundle. I used Dimensionals to raise up a few of the pears and the jar topper and my card front was done. :)

Here's the inside-

Inside of Card featuring
Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set, Cannery Framelets and Orchard Harvest DSP
I kept it pretty simple here...of course that doesn't mean lacking in cuteness. The sentiment is from the Perfectly Preserved Stamp set. I inked it up with my Soft Suede Stampin Write Marker so it wouldn't have the banner outline. A strip of DSP and a tasty little sugared pear complete my card. And because my little sugared pear is just so yummy, I took a closer pic for you-



Don't cha just want to sink your teeth into it? Darn, now I'm hungry for pears!

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to play around with a set or paper you don't often use or even try a new one, maybe one you thought you wouldn't like. I look at this now and think "Why didn't I want it?" Lol! Thankfully, there are a few sets from the new catalog I didn't get but, boy is it a small number. Watcha gonna do? :D

I love hearing from you so if you liked today's card or have questions about it I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment in the space below. I read all of them and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan