Monday, September 24, 2012

MDS Monday- Wedding Invitations Part Two

Pin It

Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and are having a fabulous start to your week. My weekend was very busy and, thanks to my feet and lack of improvement on oral steroids, very painful as well. As many of you know my daughter got married on Saturday. Needless to say there will be lots of MDS'ing going on because of that wonderful event. Today, I want to show you the finished invites. I showed you the front not too long ago, I didn't have the inside finished then but I can show them to you now. This was my just my second time doing a Hybrid project and my first time ever doing a wedding invite. I asked the kids what colors they wanted and was told "Purple and Teal" We went down to the studio and I pulled out Perfect Plum and Island Indigo and we went from there. In less than 30 minutes I had a mock-up done. I have to say I was a little nervous to do this for them, especially since I had never done any invitations before, but since they had faith in my abilities I figured I should too.

Here's a look-


So many invites
Here's what I did with the inside-

Inside of wedding invites. Hybrid MDS & Traditional Stamping
Oh! How glad was I to be done with these!?! Very, would be the correct answer. I'm very happy with how they turned out and so were the kids, but I just couldn't get the flower painted in MDS like I wanted. I originally had a different flower and I fought and fought with getting it just right. You know my OCD was in full-blown overdrive on that right? Right! And then of course I couldn't figure out how to get these to print 4 to a sheet so I had to go back and make 4 spaces on a sheet and then fill them in with the card components. Let's just say I learned a lot of what to do and what not to do with MDS2 on this project. :) I actually took them to Kinko's since I had to have them printed in such a hurry and luckily they had a big tabletop cutter, because my regular papercutter at home, almost always cuts a little off. Yep, frustrates the mess out of me when my paper is not even. So I spent about 2 hours at Kinko's cutting 32 interior pieces for the invites. (It was a small ceremony.) I brought them home and then hand-stamped the flowers and watercolored them all in. Here's a closer look-


Sooooo excited by how this turned out. Even though it wasn't my first choice of how to add the flower,  it was definitely the best. I used Perfect Plum for the petals and So Saffron for the stamens. It doesn't show up in the picture but in person you can see the So Saffron beneath the Dazzling Diamonds. The sparkle was so delicate, but added so much to the overall impression.

For the envelopes I embossed the flap with the same E.F. I used on the front panel-






I also added a stamped flower to the front of each envelope that matched the one on the inside-

Wedding Invitation and Matching Envelope
What do you think? I'm so glad I offered to do these for the kids. Not only did they turn out beautifully, they were each a one of a kind memento of this special day.

However, I couldn't complete this post without showing a picture of Duecey, my studio assistant. He was trying to be so helpful during the creation of these cards. What a good boy!


I swear that's not a staged photo! He just always wants to be right in the middle of everything, usually by sitting on my work. LOL! This time however he was content with just having his paw on it. Love that tiny boy! HAHAHAHA, all 16 pounds of his big Maine Coon self. :)

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's MDS Project and I hope it inspires you to try your hand at something new. If you have questions or comments about today's card, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message below. I read all of them and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've added the buttons to my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shan,

    The invitations turned out GORGEOUS!!! I'm sure everyone that received them just loved them. I'm sure the wedding was wonderful and look forward to seeing the MDS projects of the photos. I'm so sorry that the medicines they gave you haven't helped the pain in your feet. I was hoping the doctor's had come up with the solution for you. Do they think that maybe with a little more time on the steroids it will help? I hope so.

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan