Friday, September 7, 2012

Jimmy Buffet, Labor Day, & MDS...Oh My!

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you've all had a great week and are looking forward to an even better weekend. Don't you wish they could all be 3 day weekends? That would be so great!!!

Well, last weekend we all (there's about 15 of us) went to Jimmy Buffet's Labor Day Concert. This is an annual event for us and a way for us to officially close out the summer. It's always a great time and we spend a fun afternoon & evening enjoying Fabulous Food, Friends, of course Amazing Tunes, oh and there's usually some tasty liquid refreshment involved. I decided to jump on MDS and get the memories documented real quick so I could have them to show. Ok, so it wasn't "real quick" because you know me, I had to do something extra that wasn't a download and took some time but I'm real happy with how it turned out. Why don't you see what you think- (Note- I did try to put them side by side but for some reason couldn't make it happen)





I'm always worried if I don't put everything in my pages, I won't tell the whole story. I think I got just about everything covered here. Could have added a few more pics but, all in all I'm happy with the flow and how it pretty much conveys the feeling of the day. I tried to download the supply list at the bottom of this but am still trying to figure out my new lap-top and couldn't. Sorry. :( The photo layouts are from our photo spreads and not an additional download. They really made this much quicker and easier to do. I did mirror image the first page to make it work better for what I wanted to do.

We were out walking (ok, we were actually walking to the porta-johns, be glad there's no way to add scent to these pages or I'd have had to add it just for effect) and I saw the 5:00 Somewhere flag and had to take a picture...Classic Buffet! Those Gummy Bears, they're special bears. You didn't think I'd just add bears to be adding them, did you? Shannon (not me, the one in the picture below with the parrot) brought them. They're Drunk Gummies. Yep you heard me. They went for a swim in some Mango-Coconut Rum. Ooooohhhh, so tasty! Next year I'm making Jell-O Shots with drunk gummies swimming in them. Gonna be so good, I may not be able to wait until next Labor Day weekend! And how about those food pics? YUM!!! And those two pretty ladies! LOL!!!




I tried to get all creative with this second page. Not sure why, maybe I should just say "why not?" I love our new line feature that allows you to create lines in whatever shape you can image. I used this to make the line for the banners. I added the banners using my Pennant Parade Punches and filled them in with Summer Smooches DSP. I also used the Circles from the same Punch set to put 5:00 on the pennants. I love how the drop-shadow effect really adds to the look.

Please tell me that you get that the flowers in the Daffodil Delight box, in the center, are supposed to be a lei! Can I just tell you that creating that box and the banners, but mostly just that box, took me longer than the whole rest of both pages. I know it's hard to see but I used the same line feature to create an oval of "string" to string my flowers on. They're from the Blossom Builders set, and I had to size them so I could fit them all on the string and then space them and then do the same with the second layers on top. But, I think it's cool and my sis says she totally got it, so Woo-Hoo! :D My nephew Jake asked why we were so "shiny" in that pic. When Lisa told him it was because we were hot and sweaty he was totally grossed out. Of course most of it was just the way the flash hit us. I wonder if there's a way to "mattify" that picture. Hmmmm, something to look up.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my first stab at doing a 2-page spread. Would love to hear what you think. I read all of my comments and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's pages, I've put the buttons for both on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I wish you an Amazing weekend filled with lots of time for Family, Friends and of course Creativity. Hope to see you back here real soon. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan