Saturday, September 29, 2012

Getting Conceptual Again / FMS #54

Pin It
Hey y'all. No, you don't need to check your eyes...I'm doing a Saturday post. I wanted to make sure I was able to get today's card entered in time. The challenge doesn't close till Monday at noon but Flu Clinic starts Monday morning and the next few weeks are going to be crazy busy. Hope you're having a great weekend so far, and hope you don't mind me intruding on your weekend. :)

I created today's card for a very special friend. I met Tracey just over a year ago when I switched job sites. She was my new Area Nurse Manager and what a blessing she has been to me this past year. She recently stepped down from that position and although her replacement is very nice, no-one else is Tracey. Today a group of us had lunch at a nice seafood restaurant near her house in Annapolis. It was so nice to see her and meet her husband too.

Of course, I wanted to make a special card for her so I sat down last night to figure out what I was going to make and have to say I got pretty excited. Excited by the idea I had and how it turned out. I got a little conceptual and we know that doesn't always turn out just like I want. :) Let's see if you can figure out where I was going...

Card featuring
Perfectly Preserved Stamp Set
I used this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches as my starting point-



It's another fabulous sketch from those great ladies! I switched it up and made it a regular sized card instead of a square card, but other than that I stuck with the sketch.

Here's a closer look at my focal point-



You know what I used for my little jar? Our clear envelopes. How cool is that!?! I wasn't sure if it would work out but it did. I left the envelope closed (2 layers) and stamped my jar image on it with VersaMark. Heat and Stick Powder was applied and set with my heat tool. I was careful to not concentrate the heat on any one spot for too long. Next came some Dazzling Diamonds and another blast of hot air. For some reason there was no warping with the H&S Powder but both times I heated it up to set the D.D. the paper tried to buckle a little. The second time I applied a little tension to the paper and it stayed flat. Next I used my Cannery Framelets Set to cut it out. While I was at the Big Shot I cut hearts from Primrose Petals and Lucky Limeade with my hearts embosslet. 4 of the L.L. hearts were adhered to a punched circle with Tombow. A freeform stem and some love from Tink and I had a 4-leaf clover. The hearts and clover were adhered to the inside of the bottom jar with small amounts of Tombow. Are you wondering how I sealed my jar, especially since it's clear? I cut Mini-Glue Dots into small pieces, rolled them into small balls and used those to adhere the two cutout pieces together. They were carefully placed so they were hidden behind the glitter. Every once in a while the neurons in my brain fire and jump the correct synapses and things make sense and they work. And Yes, I did do the *HappyDance* To raise the jar up and add some dimension to the front, I cut small pieces of Dimensionals and adhered them to the back of the jar under the hearts and clover. :) A little piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine was wrapped around the neck of the jar and tied in a bow. My jar topper was adhered to a small strip of Orchard Harvest DSP with a Dimensional and the card front was done.

Here's the inside-




So, as much as I was happy with the outside of the card, not so much with the inside. My sentiment is stamped in Raspberry Ripple on a Very Vanilla piece of c/s and is from a retired sentiment set. I had already applied the strip of DSP across the bottom when I decided I needed a little something more on the inside. :( So thinking about the theme I had in mind I used my Boho Blossoms Punch and cut out some flowers. The colors used were Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals. Each flower was sponged and curved slightly with my fingers for a little extra dimension. They were all adhered with Tombow.

So did you figure out yet where I was going with my design? I'm sure I'm the only one who got it. Tracey got it...after I told her. The good news is she really liked the card even before she knew what it was supposed to mean. The jar is full of Love and Good Wishes (Luck) and there's a "bunch of flowers" on the inside. All things I wanted to give her as she embarked upon this new part of her life.

Somebody...Anybody...Please tell me you get it!?!

Well, that's all I have for you tonight. Hope you "got it" and that you liked it. I hope the rest of your weekend is as Amazing as you are! I love hearing from you, so if you liked today's card or have questions about it I hope you'll leave me a message below. I read all of your comments and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope to see you back here real soon. Here's wishing you a weekend full of Family, Friends and of course Creativity. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. the jar is beautiful with the Dazzling Diamond. Will you be post a video for this tutorial, because I do not completely understand what you are trying to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun this is!!! What a great card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! The jar looks fantastic with the Dazzling Diamonds! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    P.S. I hope you'll consider turning Word Verification off. It is so hard to decipher those numbers and letters that it makes commenting difficult. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! I love the sparkly jar! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan