Tuesday, August 14, 2012

MDS Fun- Facebook Timelines

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. It's a stormy, yucky, migraine inducing day here in the DMV. I hope it's sunny where-ever you are. Just a quick post to get this on-line then away from the glaring light of the computer screen.

I did my first FB Timeline last week and it was much easier than I had anticipated. However, that being said, what was I going to do for my Shan's Design Studio page? I felt like it had to be more, you know me always with the more. It just came to me this morning that I could have used a scrap-book layout and made things easier on myself...where was that thought when I was designing this!?! No, I had to sit there and come up with something out of the blue. SMH! Will try the easier route next time. Although the final product was about the 5th one I tried, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think it's totally me. I hope you'll let me know what you think-

FB Timeline featuring
The Open Seas & Nautical Expedition DSP
What do you think? I love it! It makes me wish I could smell the tang of the ocean and feel the wind as it ruffles through my hair.

I started by opening a custom project and putting in the pixels size. I think it's 851 x 315. You can Google FB Timeline Pixels and get the correct size. Remember if you are doing a timeline for G+ it's a different size and you want to make sure your images are mostly on the left 3/4 of your project. I used Island Indigo for my background paper. This is still my all-time fav color although I have to say Midnight Muse is a close second.

Next I applied a square Punch and increased the size until it covered all of my I.I. except an even border all around. Mine is 2 hash-marks, I think that's 20 pixels. I filled my punch with this piece of DSP from Nautical Expedition. I double clicked on it to bring up the punch editor and scrolled around until I found the portion of the DSP I wanted to use. Pretty Easy. Oh, I lightened this up too, I think it's about 40%.

The rest was just like any other kind of MDS project. My ship is colored in Night of Navy and the opacity lightened to about 60%. I just sized it down and moved it until I was happy with the placement. Next I added the compass in Soft Suede and lightened it up too. I don't know about you, but one of the hardest things for me, at any rate, on MDS projects along with theme  (there's just sooo much to choose!) is choosing a font. Believe it or not this one's called Seaweed. How funny is that? I thought it went well with my nautical theme. AUGH! I just realized the comma's not in the right spot after ocean. I guess that'll teach me to not use spell check!!! 

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you  like it as much as I do and I can hardly wait to make more for different seasons and events. I love hearing from you so if you have a thoughts or questions about today's project I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment. I read them all and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin any of my cards/projects, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan