Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MDS Day - Memorial to My Fallen DEA Friends / Creating a FB/G+ Timeline Cover

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! Just two more days till the weekend. Woo-Hoo!!! I don't know about you but I had a wonderful start to my day. :) Wish they could all start as nice. Hope you're having an awesome day and week as well.

I've got a MDS project for you today. I'm a little behind on creating a Timeline Cover for my FB and G+ pages. I know lots of you have already uploaded beautiful pictures to yours (Jess, love the puppehs!). How about creating your own instead of just adding a single picture? You can totally make your covers personalized to reflect you! How cool is that?

I downloaded our all new MDS2 this weekend after playing with my stamping BFF, April on Saturday and helping her create a Photo-Book of her Convention Experience last year. It's sooo neat! I'm really hoping to start spending more time with MDS and learning all the fun things I can do with it. So many amazing, new features. I've never been one to really scrapbook before, it was just so time consuming and so many choices.... it really stressed me out. I did a couple pages of my daughter's baby pictures and 1 skating album for her and an album about a Disney trip we took with my mom ( I made two of those and gave one to my mom). That's it. Needless to say I've got a lot of catching up to do. Now if I can just get all those negatives scanned I'll be good to go. :)

Here's what I created after work Monday afternoon-


This is a picture from a Memorial for 3 fallen DEA agents. Two of whom, were friends of mine. They were Killed In Action along with 11 Armed Service Members on October 26, 2009, in what would be the single biggest loss of Americans during the War in Afghanistan until the Seal Team's Loss. They died trying to make this world a little better for all of us and our future generations. Our Team also suffered other severe injuries during that time. We not only lost 3 friends and Very Special, Special Agents but their families suffered the un-imaginable loss of Husbands, Fathers, Sons and Best Friends. This picture was taken outside of DEA HQ days later. You can't see it but the flags are being held aloft by two Fire-Ladder Trucks from a local jurisdiction. The flag on the left is the DEA Flag, flying next to the flag they all loved and were so proud to serve under.

This was Super Easy to make and if you don't already have MDS you can download it for a FREE 30 day trial. No commitment, nothing, just 30 days to try the best Digital Scrapbooking system available. NO credit card or payment information is required. You don't even have to be a scrapbooker. You can make plenty of other things, like cards, photo-books, swatch-books, calendars, recipe cards, and even Hybrid projects. Really the sky's the limit. You can find some example here on my blog. Just enter MDS in the search-bar.

If you have MDS you can create your cover  by going to the calendar option. In MDS2 however, there's an option to create your own project and you just enter the size in either inches or pixels (pixels is the easiest for this) and then just add whatever you'd like. It can be a papers and stamps or a picture like mine or even a lot of pictures. It's totally up to you. Once I had added my picture I was able to move around on the picture and  zoom in or out until I found just the portion I wanted. I love how I was able to that and not have my image get distorted. I then decided to add in some text. Once again, Super Easy. I just clicked on the add text box, wrote what I wanted and chose the font and size I wanted and there it was. I tried a couple of different colors until I decided to just use White. I then lightened up the opacity so it wasn't so stark against my photo. The opacity feature is one of my all time favorite features.

Here's the Pixel sizes for you, so you don't have to go looking for them-

FB - 851 x 315
G+ - 940 x 180

For G+ you need to remember that your profile picture is on the right side and that it covers the entire height of your cover and there will be a small piece left to the right of your profile picture. You will likely not be able to use the same layout as on your FB cover because of this. I had to re-position both the flags and the words for my G+ cover. Just something to remember while you are busy getting creative.

I tried to pull up my FB timeline and add it here as a picture but couldn't so here's the link so you can see what it looks like on my page. Shannon Angel FB page. Here's my G+ page as well. Now I just need to work on covers for my Design Studio Pages and then I can get creative doing new ones for the seasons or special occasions. :) So much fun.

I hope you like today's project and I  hope it inspires you to try your own digital fun. If you'd like to try My Digital Studio2 (MDS2) for FREE you can go to my ONLINE STORE, click on Shop Now, and download it for FREE. It's compatible with both Microsoft and Mac operating systems. We're also having specials this month on digital downloads and suites. You can purchase additional downloads during your free-trial and they will work with most other digital systems you may already have. MDS would also be Great for making new inserts to go in your Halloween Tray if you join my team this month. Then you can enjoy your tray all year long and not just at Halloween time. Here's a picture of the kit you will get in addition to $125.00 worth of product for just $99.00.


This set includes everything you see here including the stamp set in your choice of Clear Mount or Wood-Mount. Did you know you can use that $125.00 worth of product to purchase the All-New MDS2? Yep. You can get it and still have money left over for new downloads or traditional stamping supplies. That's over $700.00 worth of product for only $99.00 and you get me for Free too! Well, that alone is priceless...or at least worth the cost of admission (depending on the day!).

As always, if you have Questions or Comments I'd love to hear from you. I read all of my comments and will respond ASAP to any questions you might have. Your comments really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the Storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe-
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan