Tuesday, July 17, 2012

World Treasures and "Room for Creative Design Opportunities" :)

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. I hope you're having a good day. I'm battling some "ickies" today and still dealing with the fallout from yesterday's unexpected discovery. You can read about that here. Suffice it to say that the bank wants me to make this months payment on a car that's no longer in my possession. Also, I have to wait 30 days to see if it "shows up" and if it does "if it's serviceable". :'( Oh, well. I keep telling myself "No one was hurt, and nothing irreplaceable was taken" but it's sure is a pain. Who knew!?!

Ok, so that's not making me smile much...Know what is? Yep, you guessed it! (that's why we're buddies, you and me) Today's card is making me smile and here it is-

Card featuring
World Treasures and International Bazaar DSP
Isn't he pretty? I had so much fun coloring him in and waiting to see how he turned out. I colored him by inking up my stamp with different colored Stampin Write Markers, huffing and then stamping him onto my cardstock. With solid images you pretty much know what it's going to look like when you ink it. With more detailed line images like this, it's often a little bit of a surprise. I liked this surprise. :) Don't you think it's unfair that as pretty as he is, it's still a he? Why should all of the prettiest animals be males instead of females. Things that make you go Hmmmm. Here's the colors I used to make him sooo pretty- Soft Suede, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade. All colors in the New International Bazaar DSP Collection. Do you have the this DSP yet? It's one of my new favorites. SO many rich jewel toned colors together. Love it! I added a few jewels and some Dazzling Diamonds to fill in the white space. I fussy cut him out and then popped him up on some Dimensionals. As much fun as he was to color, I'm not sure I'll be doing that often. It does take a fair amount of time to make sure everything is covered just right. I have to say though, that he was really easy to cut out. I think it's easier to cut out those points than to cut out most images. It's so hard to keep an even border around images most of the time.

I also used my new Fancy Fan Embossing Folder. Are you loving the new bigger sizes? I know I am. It's Tombowed down to my Pool Party base. The Daffodil Delight layer with the DSP is adhered with a few Dimensionals.

Here's the sketch I used-


I think this is the first time I've played along over at Techno Stampers Monday Lunchtime Challenge. So many cool challenges....So little time. I had totally forgotten about this challenge until Saturday evening when I was designing. I finished it with just over an hour to spare to submit it. :)

Here's the inside-


Do you ever intend for things to turn out one way and then it doesn't? Yeah, me too. However, this time I was actually really happy I had an "oops". Sometimes "Ooooops" can turn in to an unexpected bonus. We like to say there's no such thing as a "mistake", just room for creative design opportunities. Well that's what happened here.

This was the first time I had used this set so I conditioned it first. I apparently didn't make sure the stamp was totally dry however before I stamped with it. I inked up the sentiment portion and had intended for just the sentiment to be on the c/s. However when I lifted my stamp up, I saw a shadow  around the sentiment, where the un-inked border was. Ooooh! I was not happy. In fact I stamped off and stamped off (on my grid paper) until no shadow remained. I then re-inked my sentiment, flipped my c/s over and re-stamped my sentiment. Oh yeah, I forgot to say that since I was in a hurry to stamp with my new set after conditioning it, I didn't mount the image on the back of the stamp. Do you know where I'm going with that useful piece of information? Of course you do. Well, when I lifted up my stamp this time just the sentiment remained, no border. Woo-Hoo! However, it was upside down. Whomp-Whomp! Double OooooooooH! >:( We also like to say, "It's ok, there's another side of the paper to work on." Well, you can only say that once per piece. What to do, what to do? Ok, let's get creative and design. The shadow on the first page was a perfect border, so why not go with it. A little Two-Way Glue Pen, some Dazzling Diamonds and a few minutes later and this is what I had- (it's a shame I don't like Bling and that Tink and I are not friends!)


I have to say, while it's not what I was planning on, I l.o.v.e. how it turned out. See... no mistakes, just room for creative design opportunities.  And because you know I still needed a little something else for the inside of my card, I stamped the pretty little  flowers from the same set and let Tink have a little fun too-


What do you think? Although I'm not sure it initially looks like "one of my cards", I'm really happy with the end results.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to push on just a little more the next time you think you've made an "Ooops" and see what special treasure you might still create. I love hearing from you and read all of my comments. So if you liked today's card and have just a minute to drop me a line, well, it would totally make my day! If you enjoyed it and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are so appreciated! I hope you'll come back soon to see the other things I've got waiting to show you. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan