Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Musings - A Change From the Norm - NAC#1 / My challenge #29

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I had a very creative weekend. Got 3 cards made and a MDS Scrapbook page in addition to some down time. Hope your's was fun and productive too.

I've decided to make a little change to my Monday line-up. For those of you that have been around for a while, you know I try to do a MDS Monday. In theory it works and Monday is perfect because it goes with the MDS, you know it sounds good. Here's the problem, ok truthfully there are a couple of them. 1- The site I usually like to use for inspiration, doesn't always have the theme up in time for me to get something ready for Monday's. 2 - While I like the challenge site and when they have the theme listed it's usually good, they don't seem to have much support from their own DT with regards to having DT Inspiration pieces. 3 - They never give any feedback. Not once. Not even a thanks for stopping by. Very Dissapointing! :(  4 - Here's the most important though, I have a little issue with planning to do something on one day and then not doing it. That's why I don't have Clean & Simple Tuesdays for example and why my End of the Week Technique isn't assigned a specific day. In fact, this week's EWT will be tomorrow. I often make the bulk of my cards/projects during the weekend and if they're for a challenge I want to post them as soon as possible. Therefore MDS Monday's will now be simply MDS Day. That way, regardless of which day it actually is, it's always the right day. I will still endeavor to do at least one project a week though.

I am however starting a Monday Musings which will showcase a few things I'm either thinking about or that have happened in the last week. You can check out the full Monday Musings here. Here's a snapshot-
1-I had an Amazing new dessert last night- Totally worth the 14 points, yes I said 14. Check it out. I suggest sharing it with someone. :) Sooo Good!
2-My dessert I showed last week was a featured pick in one of the linky parties. How cool, something healthy was the most viewed!?!
3-So happy to see a Smart, Independent,Fiery Redhead Princess in a movie. Three guesses as to why I think that's fab and the first two don't count.
4- Last night was a "magic fingers" kind of night. Not in that kind of way! Come-on!!!!!
I hope you'l ltake a moment to check out the entire list and my new site too. :)

Now for today's card. One of the bloggers I follow set up a challenge site for her team members. How cool is that!?! So Cool! Anyways, last week was their first challenge, a sketch challenge. They are going to alternate between sketch and color challenges. As I am totally inept at color challenges I was really glad to see their first one was a sketch.

Here's today's card-


 I was so excited to see a C&S layout. These are so difficult for me. Luckily that means I get to check off a C&S and a Challenge card with just one effort. Woo-Hoo! :)  I decided to use one of my frames folders that I got for free during SAB. The only bad thing about it was cutting it out. Downside, for sure. This is the first time I've used this embossing folder. Wow, I just noticed that it looks like there's not left side to the inner rectangle. It's just the lighting though, I promise you it's there. I used my Scalloped Border Punch and my Decorative Label Punch as borders. The DSP is from the Summer Smooches collection. I stamped the little flowers from Betsy's Blossoms, fussy cut them, let Tink have her way and then popped them up with Dimensionals. Some of our sweet new Daffodil Delight ribbon finishes off the focal point. It was secured with more Dimensionals onto a layer of Island Indigo that I ran through my Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dots E.F. I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, even if I'm not thrilled by the cutting out of the frame.

Here's the sketch I used-


Here's the inside-


I inked up my sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Island Indigo, still my all-time fav color although I have to say Midnight Muse is a close second. I used the largest bloom in the Betsy's Blossom for my accents. I inked it up and then stamped off once to give a lighter image. I then used my Two-Way Glue pen to randomly, yes I said randomly...lol, apply adhesive to the blossom. A little Dazzling Diamonds later and such a pretty sparkle. I'm so excited that you can actually see the sparkle here instead of how it usually looks.

Well, that's all I have for you today. Don't forget to check out the Nacho Average Challenge site. It's going to be a good one. They haven't posted today's color challenge but the site says it will be up today. Let's help them grow.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today. I really appreciate you! I love hearing from you, so if you have a sec and feel like dropping me a line, it would make my day. I read all of my comments and try to respond back. I usually try to follow back too. If you liked today's card and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons here on the post for you. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan