Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Love My Job! How About You?

Pin It
Hey y'all, just a quick little post.

I really love my job as a Stampin Up demonstrator. Not only do I love the discounted and free product, and the great support staff from SU, I also enjoy the friends that I've gotten to know because of S.U.


A few months ago, I had an party at my house with some close friends and had some sample cards and projects that I had created for my blog. One of my best friends, Brenda (hey girl!) was there. I had given her a special handcrafted gift the previous month and she had commented how nice it was but, "I could never do that!" Well she said the same thing when she saw more of my projects at my party. I kept assuring her that I knew she could do it and we would do it together. She remained adamant that she would "never be able to do that". I just smiled knowing that she had no idea the things she would be capable of. Then last week during dinner/girls nite out, I showed her my first Christmas Card of the season. What does she say but, "I want that for my Christmas Cards this year!" 


"No problem" I tell her, "I'll show you how to make them and you'll be set!" I of course was treated to more of "I can't do that" and we decided to have a little one on one class last night and dinner. Dinner was great and then came the time to stamp. She was so nervous but at the end of it all guess what I heard? Yep you guessed it.... "I made that! I really made that!" 


How exciting to not only see someone having fun but creating something beautiful as well. I love my job!!! So, I wanted to show you her card-




Can you tell which is mine and which is hers? Brenda's card is the one on the left. I think she did an Amazing job for someone who had never stamped anything other than her signature on her paperwork. What a great first card! I'm so proud of her and the great job she did, I just had to share it with you.


Don't be afraid to try something new. Many things in life look so hard, even un-obtainable at first glance. But when you break them down and tackle things one bit at a time, it's Amazing what you can accomplish.


Thanks so very much for taking the time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are sooo appreciated. And if you happen to have a moment to leave Brenda a quick little note about her fabulous card, I'll make sure she sees it.


Till next time-
Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Brenda....woot woot for your first great hand-stamped card!!! You did it and it is beautiful. It has been one whole year now since I started making cards with friends and remember saying the very things you said too. And even though the Big Shot and that embossing powder is still a bit nerve-wracking for me I am proud to say that each month at card class it is great to bring home new cards that *I* made and they look great! You keep up the good work now and Shan will have you comfortable with this fun artform in no time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan