Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July & Another Take On A Card From An Inspiration Piece

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy 4th of July! I hope you (my American friends at least) are all having a fabulous holiday and getting to spend plenty of time with friends and family. For the rest of you, I hope you're having a fabulous day too, it's just probably not being spent enjoying a paid day off and with the very real possibility of "beverages" in the near future. :)

Just a quick post today as I'm heading off to go see some friends myself. This has not been the most creative week for me as I've been crazy busy and I do most of my cards/projects during the weekend and that was a no-go as it was simply too hot in the house for much of anything with a dead a.c. :(  I've been trying to figure out this card for a week now and sadly although it's done, it's not what I was hoping for.

Don't you just hate when that happens? Boy, I sure do! But, y'all know how I roll, I'm gonna post it anyways. Who knows, maybe it will be a jumping off point for someone else at least...if not you can always look at your "not best work" (sadly, we all have them...or maybe not so sad because it reminds us that we're not alone in our efforts to always do our best) and think "Hey mine's better than hers and she posted it anyways! LOL!!!

Any-whoo, here's today's card-


Pin-Wheel Card - Red, White and Blue

Although it's not really all that bad, I guess it's just that it's somehow not what I envisioned in my head. I wanted the pinwheels, but I didn't want the other side of the c/s to show like normal, because it wouldn't have fit in with my patriotic color scheme.

Here's my inspiration-



We made these pin-wheels and the containers at a recent team meeting. How cute are they? My upline's a Genius!

Here's the inside-

Inside of PinWheel Card
For the sentiment I used Teeny Tiny Wishes. For this pin-wheel instead of folding over the c/s I just cut out half of each quarter to make the design. I actually think I like this design better than the one on the outside. Love those mini-brads. They're a pain to handle but just the right size.

Ok- so that's all I have for you today. I hope everyone has a Fabulous, Safe, Fun-Filled Day regardless of where you live!!!!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day and stopping by. Also wanted to give a shout-out to my new blog-pal Molly.Thanks for the follow and for making my day yesterday! You can check her out here.

Oh and if you're looking for a yummy, no-bake, fat-free, no sugar added recipe that's Quick and Easy as well as easy on your waistline check out my post on my other blog here. Here's a picture of the Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Angel Food Cake-


Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Angel Food Cake

(boy that's a long name, maybe I should just call it, NOMS!)

Till next time-

Remember- life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan