Thursday, July 26, 2012

End Of the Week Technique #40 - Triple Layer Stamping & Some Wintry Relief

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far. Just one more day till the week-end. Yea!!! *Happy-Dance* It's another "Will We or Won't We" day here in the DMV. Will we get Thunderstorms that keep the heat in the low-mid 90's or won't we? If we don't we are expecting the temp to be 100 again. Yowza! That's Hot! You want to know what's cool? HAHAHA! You know me so well. Today's card is Cool...not just in the "That's really neat" coolness category but in the "take the edge off the heat" kind of cool too. Ha, A little play on words. *tee-hee-hee*

Here's today's card-

Triple Layer Card featuring
Delicate Doilies and  Emboss Resist
I love this set and haven't used it in a few months. I don't know about you, but most of the time it reminds me of snowflakes. Now, if you know me at all (IRL or from here) you know I'm a Southern Girl, always have been always will be. And FYI- just because I live below the Mason-Dixon Line does not mean this qualifies as the south! Well, temperature-wise if it's below 72 then it's too darn cold for me. Hence I don't do snow. You know that whole "it has to be really cold to get snow" means it has to be below 72 so it's really a no-go for me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's beautiful and magical, how in the world does God make it so each little snow flake is different? Talk about Amazing!!! But, I only want to see it if I know my pantry is stocked and I don't have anywhere I'm going to have to be in the next 3-4 days and if it magically disappears from my steps, sidewalks and car without me having to intervene and it also has to magically disappear before it turns brown and Yucky! If it meets those criteria I'm ok with it. Since it somehow never quite manages that then...still a no-go. Or at least it usually doesn't. Some-how it managed for today's card. Don't you feel cooler just looking at it. Well ok, that and the ac is on. Lol. :D

I started with a base of Pacific Point, I think this is the first card I've made with this as the primary color and used layers of Bashful Blue. I stamped my images in VersaMark (tutorial to follow), added White Embossing Powder and Heat Embossed. I then sponged Pacific Point over the embossed images in a circular motion and wiped off any excess with a clean paper towel. It really makes the images "pop". I also sponged the edges of all the cardstock with Pacific Point. The Bashful Blue layers were then Tombowed onto the Pacific Point layers. These panels were then adhered with Dimensionals. I've seen this technique done a lot lately. Mostly with Everything Eleanor or Reason to smile, but I haven't seen any with the Delicate Doilies. I hope you like it. I can definitely get behind these kinds of snowflakes. :)

Here's a close-up-

Triple Layer Card featuring
Delicate Doilies and  Emboss Resist
You can really see the detail in this shot. Of course you can also see that I failed to use my Embossing Buddy. *head-desk* I finally get one and I forgot to use it. *SMH* This is a really cool technique though. Who comes up with these ideas? I wish I could come up with some random, Fabu idea! You know stampers/crafters are so cool about coming up with ideas and then naming them easy to remember names. Not like Gymnastics or Ice-Skating where a new move gets  named after it's creator. Thank goodness, because Triple Layer Stamping or Emboss Resist is so much more descriptive and easier to remember than a  "Boitano" or a Sukahara. *Olympic Giggles*

Here's a look at the inside-

Triple Layer Card featuring
Delicate Doilies and  Just Believe with Emboss Resist


I used the sentiment from Just Believe. It just kinda felt right with this card. I heat embossed this and some more "snowflakes" and then sponged over them again. I think the whole card has a cool, serene feel to it. It makes me happy just to look at it, I hope it makes you feel the same way.

So, on to the technique portion- Why do I always realize as I'm writing my post that I should have taken extra pictures!?! AUGH!!!

Here's what you'll need- Cardstock (your choice of two colors), stamp set- preferably one with midsized images, Ink pad of your choice, adhesive of your choice for the layers, Dimensionals for elevating the panels, and a paper-cutter.

For those of you like me that are measurement challenged, here's what you need to know and with these guidelines you can make your card any size you'd like bigger (for frames) or smaller (notecards)  than this. I will use P.P and B.B for my designators.

Here's how you make your own-
1- Cut your cardstock- For a standard card here are the measurements, Base Layers P.P. 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4, B.B. 5 1/4 x 4. Middle Layers- P.P. 4 1/2 x 3 1/4, B.B. 4 1/4 x 3. Top Layers- P.P. 3 1/2 x 2 1/4, B.B. 3 1/4 x 2. Using this formula you can make any size card you'd like. For each layer the "mat" color is 1/4" (width and length) bigger than the piece mounted on it. Each subsequent layer (both the mat and the focal layer) is 1" smaller.


2- Center your focal layers (the one you will stamp on and then mat) on each other using a small bit of re-position-able adhesive.

3- Stamp your image making sure to overlap all 3 layers as you do so.

4- Finish off your layers by embossing or sponging the edges if desired.

5- Mount these layers to their corresponding mats.

6- Mount your layers together using Dimensionals to enhance the layered look.

7- Smile when you look at your fabulous creation and smile even more when you think of the smile this will bring to it's recipients face. :) I always love that part the most!

Because I'm a dunce and didn't think to take pictures of each step I'm including a video here for you. It's from the Amazing Dawn Olchefsky. She gives you all the dimensions and you'll be making this type of fabulous cards in no-time! :)


Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope I've inspired you to try something new today and I hope it's beautiful and not too hot-not to cold but just right wherever you are. I love hearing from you so if you liked today's card or have any questions, I hope you'll leave me a comment. I read all of them and they really do make my day. :) If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons here on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope to see you back real soon. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan