Thursday, July 5, 2012

Clean & Simple Note-Card Idea

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! Just one more day, then the weekend. Woo-Hoo! I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July. (Even if you don't celebrate our special day, I still hope yours was fabulous!!!) I spent a couple of hours that were really nice with a bunch of friends, but started feeling bad so I went home and was in bed by 7:30. How sad is that!?! Also, pretty much the whole day leading up to the get-together was a wash too. *SMH* But at least I enjoyed a few good hours. :) Glass half full and all that.

Today's card is one I've had since Sale-A-Bration, so about 3 months. I guess it's good to know I've had enough cards to post since then that I'm just now getting around to it. Lol. Although it uses the Everyday Enchantment DSP this is such a Quick and Easy idea and can be adapted to any DSP. It's a great way to use all those scrap pieces you have lying around. Come on now...you know you have some scrap pieces you couldn't make yourself throw away. I have tons....o.k., so maybe not tons, but I have a lot. I have a hard time throwing away scrap pieces, Catholic guilt and all that. I just know I'm going to be able to find a use for them and with this technique I have.

Here's today's card-

Thank-You Note-card

This would make a great gift-set, especially if you needed one in a hurry. I simply punched 3 - 1" squares of DSP and punched 3 piece of c/s in a coordinating color. I then sponged all the punched pieces with the coordinating c/s color. The pieces are Tombowed together and then mounted to my card base with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from a retired set (Tee-Hee, it wasn't retired then. That's what I get for waiting so long.) You could easily make a set of these with different sentiments and then package them together.

As this was a note-card I didn't stamp the inside. However, next time I make these I think I will put another one of the punched sets inside. Why shouldn't a note-card be pretty on the inside too? Cards shouldn't have all the fun. :)

 That's it for today. I'm still not feeling 100% so not as much fun as I normally am. I have however, persevered and already run the equivalent of 2 - 5K's, but boy has it left me drained! I hope you liked today's card and I hope it gives you a little inspiration for ways to use your scraps.

I'm not sure if you saw my post yesterday on my other blog...Here's a peek-

Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Angel Food Cake with Strawberry-Lemon Puree
How Yummy does that look?
It's No-Bake, Fat-Free, No Added Sugar and only 2.5-5 W.W. Points Plus points. It's a cool, creamy dessert perfect for picnics or anytime really. I hope you'll check it out.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll come back tomorrow for this weeks End of the Week Technique. I think you'll like how just a little change in how you do one thing gives you a totally different look. I love getting extra uses out of things, don't you? Hearing from you always makes my day, and I read all my comments, so if you liked today's card/idea and have a sec, I hope you'll drop me a line. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan