Monday, July 2, 2012

Cherry On Top Wine Bottle Tag Swaps

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday. I hope everyone survived the weekend ok. We had a blast at our concert in Hershey, Pa. even though it shut down about 30 minutes early because of the storm. We were getting lightning strikes near the stadium. We only had about 30 minutes of moderate rain and that was it. Boy were we surprised to get back to our room and get our messages about the Big Storms here at home. Although I didn't lose power at my house my A.C. died. It had been sluggish for a few weeks but it finally went sometime Friday or Saturday. :'( This meant getting a technician out to my house on OT yesterday. I won't even say how UGLY that was. All things considered, it could have been worse. The technician was nice and finally this morning I had some cool air in the house. It was 88 when I went to bed at 11.

Needless to say, no MDS Monday today. In fact, I wasn't even able to stamp. I got started a couple of times but it was simply too hot. So, for today, I have a project that I made a few weeks back for a team swap. It's similar to a previous post but I stepped it up some.

Here's today's project-

Embossed Wine Bottle Tag featuring
Happy Birthday With A Cherry On Top

I started with a base of Pool Party  and layered Daffodil Delight and Whisper White c/s on top of that. My previous tag just had squared off ends. For this swap I used my Scalloped Border Punch on all three layers. I then used my mat Pack and Piercer to make "holes" in each of the scallops. This mimics the design on the pedestal.

I inked the pedestal in Versamark and Pool Party Classic Ink and stamped it. Next I coated it in Clear Embossing Power and Heat Embossed it. This tag actually has pretty uniform color, but many didn't. At first I was upset that they weren't "perfect", but after heat embossing I decided I really liked the uneven look. (Bet you never thought you'd read that on this blog did you!?!) They turned out looking like old glazed ceramic pieces. Soooo pretty! I stamped the glass dome with Versamark and then covered it with Heat and Stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds, love the sparkly, crystal effect. The sentiment, cake layer, & cherry portion were all inked with Stampin Write Markers and stamped.

Wanna know another "you won't believe it" secret... I didn't use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig! Not once!!! Go figure. This Scaredy Cat was Fearless that night! :) The top layer was popped up on Dimensionals. Then I got to wondering if there was anything else I could do to really make it special for swaps and I remembered I had some Real Red Dazzling Details, so I went back and added that to all of my swaps.

Here's a closer look-


I made 24 and not counting the time it took me to cut the c/s I spent about 4 hours straight making these. They were well received. :) In fact I ended up swapping them all and I do mean all. Do you ever forget to save one of your swaps out for yourself? I do it all the time! At least I remembered to take pictures. I realized near the end of the meeting that I had forgotten to save one and so I tucked my last remaining one down in my swap basket for myself. As I was getting ready to leave someone asked if I wanted to swap. I told her I had given out all but my last one which I was taking home because, silly me, I had forgotten to save one for myself. She saw which one it was and said. "Oh I saw those and was hoping to swap for one!" How could I not swap at that point!?! I couldn't. Like I said at least I took pictures. LOL! I can always make more, right? Right!

Can I just say, that was a lot of work on swaps. I had planned on doing about 50 of these for convention swaps. I think I would have been NUTZ, by the time I was done. :) Here's a picture of them all-

Wine Bottle Tag Swaps

Hopefully I will be returning home to a cool house tonight and will be able to get some stamping done. I hope you are cool wherever you might be as well.

I hope you liked today's project. These tags are one of my most requested items. They can be super simple or really stepped up like these. I hope you'll try some. I'm sure you'll have great luck with them. I have multiple posts with them so if you want to see more or get specific instructions just use the search feature here on my blog. I love hearing from you and read all comments, so if you get a chance I'd love to hear what you think about today's project. If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll find your way back here soon! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan