Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Clean & Simple Easy Events Mistletoe Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great week so far. Not feeling too good today so just a quick post.

Most of you know that Clean & Simple, (C&S) or Even Quick & Easy cards are not ones that seem to come to me very easily...but I am trying. In keeping with my goal of a C&S card each week, here is this week's offering-

C&S Christmas Card featuring
Easy Events Stamp Set
I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Whenever I see this stamp it always seems like it should be hanging instead of reaching across the stamp like it does. So, I fixed it! Lol! I colored the stamp with my  Stampin Write Markers in Soft Suede, Garden Green and Real Red, omitting the greeting and stamped it on a piece of Whisper White c/s. I then used my Blender Pens and Garden Green Classic Ink Pad to color in the leaves. I added a little Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details and set it aside to dry. 

*Tip*- When using Dazzling Details, if at all possible do this portion of your project at the beginning because it will require drying time.

I used a base of Riding Hood Red simply because that was the only color red ribbon I had at the time. Even though it's not as vibrant as the Garden Green it still coordinates wonderfully. That's one of the things I love about SU products. They all coordinate so beautifully together. I topped this with a piece of Whisper White c/s that I ran through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, which I adhered with Tombow. 

Once my Dazzling Details was dry I attached a small Riding Hood Red Ribbon to the top of my branch with a Mini-Glue Dot. This panel was mounted with Tombow to my Garden Green layer and this panel was then adhered with Dimensionals. Here's a closer look-


 Didn't it turn out pretty? How simple to make this and hope for a sweet kiss from your special someone? Guess everyone knows where my mind is. HAHAHAHA

Here's the inside-

Inside of Christmas Card featuring
Easy Events
I stamped the image a second time without re-inking it, to give a lighter image to the inside of my card. Doing that makes for a nice effect and it means I don't have to re-color the whole image. Yeah, I'm lazy like that. Why do it twice when once will suffice. Hey lookie there...I'm a poet and didn't know it! HAHAHA, ok, so I'm probably the only one laughing right now, but then I'm silly like that. The sentiment is from the same stamp as the mistletoe image. I stamped it in Garden Green. Oh, and as you can probably tell, I let Tink have just a little fun to brighten up the inside of my card.

Just because I need something else to smile about and wanted you to be able to smile some more too, (Yeah, I'ma Great Friend like that) here's a picture of my little studio assistant/fur-baby, Bitty Kitty, helping out in the Stampin Studio-

Bitty Kitty Studio Assistant Extraordinaire

Isn't it sweet how she's holding down my light box so nothing happens to it? Yeah, she's a great helper when she's not head-butting me, and chattering at me to remind me that it's dinner time... an hour in advance just so I don't forget!

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my C&S Christmas Card and that it inspires you to make some C&S of your own. If you liked today's card or have any questions, I'd love it if you dropped me a line. I read all of my comments and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card I've put the buttons here on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. You are very appreciated! I hope you'll come back soon to see what I've got in store for you. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan