Friday, July 27, 2012

A C&S Pennant Parade Christmas

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you've had an Amazing week and are looking forward to an even better weekend. :)

I'm going to apologize right off the bat for the cruddy pictures to follow. My battery was dying so the normal amount of yuck associated with taking pictures of white cards with my crappy B.B. is even worse that normal. I will try and take some better pics when I get home and change them out. :(

In trying to keep with my goal of a Clean and Simple Card each week, I have a new card for you today. This one was really more of a Quick and Easy instead of C&S, but that's because I was in one of those over-achieving/perfectionist modes when I made it. Can you believe it!?! Me in an overachieving/perfectionist mode...what's the world coming to? At any rate this can be a very simple card and I will be including the simpler version of it in an upcoming Christmas Card class.

Here's today's card-

C&S Card featuring
Pennant Parade Stamp Set
Have I mentioned how much I dislike my B.B.? I can't wait for the new I-Phone to come out!!! Any-whoo, I used the Pennant Parade Stamp Set and Pennant Builder Punch for this card. Oh, and of course my trusty Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Duh!!! :) I colored in the "pots" with Cajun Craze and the tree trunk with Soft Suede, and then used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line them up. The thing that took me so long was stamping the "trees" onto the card as well. I'm not sure why I felt the need to stamp them on under the punched trees, but I did and it cost me a card base and plenty of time. *SMH* For the class I will omit this step for sure! I then stamped my trees using L-R, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, and Gumball Green. These were then punched out with my Pennant Builder Punch and adhered with dimensionals. I sponged the edges of the Wild Wasabi tree in W.W, otherwise it wouldn't have really had a firm outline. I bet you're wondering what about all that glitter and shine? Well, I never said I was the Brightest Bulb in the Pack. :) I decided on that after adhering the tress to the c/s. *Headdesk* I think it still turned out cute though.  The sentiment at the bottom is from the same set and is stamped in Gumball Green.

Here's the inside-


Once again the sentiment is from the same set. This time the tree is simply stamped on the c/s with the help of my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I just low how versatile this stamp set is. Love getting multiple creative options from one set and more bang-for-my-buck.

Here's a close up of my sweet little tree-


No Charlie Brown Christmas Tree here. I used Real Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant for the lights. A little love from Tink and my tree is all shimmery and fun.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and are inspired to make your own C&S card. If you liked today's card, or have any questions, and have a minute to drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you. I read all of my comments and try to respond as well. If you'd like to +1 or Pin this, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are appreciated. I hope you have a fabulous weekend filled with plenty of time for Family, Friends and of course, creativity. Can't wait to see you back here real soon. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan