Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Smooch and A Challenge Mojo Monday #245

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday!I don't know about you, but the week is dragging for me. It totally seems like it should be Friday already. *SMH* Oh well, just two more days. :)

I have another challenge card for you today. This one's from the nice ladies over at Mojo Monday. If you haven't played along with them yet, check 'em out. (just after remember to finish up here too) They've got lots of great sketches and the DT cards are fabulous! Theirs is one my go-to sites for sketch inspirations.

Here's today's card-

Thank You Card with
Summer Smooches DSP and Bright Blossoms Stamp Set
Can you believe it!?! I mixed DSP's again!!! *Happy Dance* I have to say I'm really happy with how this turned out, even if I didn't quite get the dimensions on the center panels just right. At least I didn't get out the ruler and mathematically calculate the correct dimensions. (if you haven't followed me for long...Yes, that is a real thing!) I used a base of Tangerine Tango, which I'm not sure I had ever used as a base before, and I used a button which I rarely do. I used my Big Shot and  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder for a little added dimension and detail. Love that folder! Don't you just love this DSP, I do. It's one of my all time favorite collections, so bright and cheery. Everything is adhered using Tombow except my flower layer which is popped up with two Dimensionals and the button which is adhered with a Mini-Glue Dot. This makes for a fairly flat card for mailing.

Here's the Mojo Monday Sketch- 


Aside from the dimensions on the center panel, it's true to the sketch. Now if I can just figure out those dimensions I think this will be a good layout to keep in my rotation.

Here's the inside-


I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the inside, so I kept it simple and put a matching strip of DSP for a bright accent. My sentiment is from the Kindness Matters set which I got for free during last year's Sale-A-Bration. Love Free! I also love the font. I inked it up in Tangerine Tango and my card was done.

So, what do you think? Hopefully it will brighten someone's day. I'd love to hear what you think. Your comments always make me smile, except this morning when I woke up to spam for the first time! *BOO-HISS!!!* If you like today's card and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your day is as Fabulous as you are! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms, than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan