Friday, June 15, 2012

A Quick and Easy Fathers Day Card & Lots of Good Memories

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope your week has been a good one and that it flew by quicker than mine did, lol. Do you have plans for the weekend? I've got a busy one planned. A big team meeting tomorrow morning, gotta go home and emboss the heck out of my swaps. Then tomorrow afternoon, our yearly girls get together for DMB. Yep, Dave. Matthews. Baby.!!!! (Ok, seriously I know the "B" is for band) My sis and I see them every year. On good years two or three times. :) Tomorrow our other best friend Penny is coming up from Richmond to join us. We've been doing this together for about 12 (maybe longer) years now. It's the one day a year that we are guaranteed to just have girl time. Sunday, it's time for us to show all the Great Dads in our life just how wonderful we think they are.

Sadly, I know not everyone has a great relationship with their dads. It's a sad fact that some men make better "donors" than dad's. I initially had one of those "donors". Sad but true. Then by some Amazing Blessing from God himself, my mom met my "Dad" when I was about 12. We always said he was an "Angel" sent from heaven.

No. Really. He's an Angel. Seriously, that's his last name, my last name. But, he's a real "Angel" of a man too, so it all works. Well, God Bless Him, he took on a pre-teen me and was brave enough to not only keep me but make me his by adopting me. Like I said, truly an Angel. Now I was a pretty good kid but, let's face it, he did get me at the worst time he could have. And poor daddy, nothing really to prepare him for me. I'm sure he can thank me for the majority of his grey hairs. On the other hand, at least I prepared him, mostly, for dealing with my two baby brothers Ethan and Eion. BTW- I love those sweet little guys. It's so sweet when I call and talk to the youngest Eion, he always calls me "sister", as in "Hey Sister". Too cute! On a side note- want to know what's not cute? Him telling his classmates about me...as in when all of his friends say they have sisters in such & such grade and Eion goes "Well I have a sister too and she's..... Let's just say Eion doesn't quite have the concept of me still being 29! ROFL!!!!! Kids say the darnedest things! Sweet Ethan however doesn't out me. Love you boys if someones reading this for you! MWAH!!!!

So here's the card I made for daddy this year-

Easy Shirt card with Tie

It's pretty clean and simple, but that's the kind of guy my dad is. This is a CASE of Brenda Keenan (she did her shirts with DSP) that I saw on Stampin Connection a web site just for SU Demonstrators. I was going to send him a different shirt card that I made and then I saw how to do this one and knew it was the one.

God Blessed daddy with an abundance of love and patience with me. He however did not bless him with good color vision. Poor daddy! So when buying his shirts and ties they were mostly all in the same color family. If they weren't white, they were in blues and greens. I liked to get creative though and buy him pretty ties to match. I'm sure he won't need this post to "get" this card. lol  I used a base of Crumb-Cake c/s because it reminded me of his Khaki pants. Even though the blue in the tie seems to show up well in the picture, in real life it didn't show up as much against a blue background, so I made a Lucky Limeade shirt. The tie is from our Twitterpated, love that name, DSP. I kept it super simple on the inside, just stamping Happy Father's Day from my Teeny Tiny Wishes set.

I really wish my daddy lived closer so I could see him, and the family (Kathy, I love you too!), more often. But I know that even though we don't see each other often he knows he's #1 in my heart and I'm forever grateful for the love he has given me these past....17 years or so.

I Love you Bunches Daddy!!!! I love you more than rainbows, more than glitter (that's a lot!), and last but not least, I even love you more than Chocolate!(don't tell chocolate, kay) You're the best dad E.V.E.R!

I hope you liked today's card and I really hope my dad likes it and remembers just how much I love him when he sees it. Remember, it's not too late to make a special card for that special dad in your life! Even if it can't make it to him in time, make it and take a picture to text or e-mail him and let him know there's some special love coming his way.

That's all I have for you today. I love hearing from you , so if you liked today's card, leave me a message. They always make my day! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll come back soon. I'm going to try and carve out some time on Sunday to make some more new projects for you for next week. I hope you have an Amazing weekend filled with lots of time for Family, Friends, and of course time for creativity!

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan