Monday, June 4, 2012

MDS Monday - My Happy Babies

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I know I sure did. I went to the Crawfish Festival all day Saturday. YUM! It was Amazing. I realized, a little belatedly, that I got pics of all the food and none of my friends and myself. *SMH* Oh well, still good pics. Then late Saturday nite my friend Julia hit me up to see if I wanted to go to WMZQFest. My answer- DUH! She had an extra ticket and it was just my price-range...FREE! We had such a BLAST!!! Miranda Lambert, Lee Brice, Jerrod Nieman and Chris Young. So AMAZING! We were 8 rows back. I got a few pics there too. :) Thanks Jules!!!! Will try and post them soon.

Hey it's Monday, so you know that means MDS Monday and I'm actually getting to post it on time. Yea Shan!
Over at Utah Diva's the challenge was to use your pets. Well, I have plenty of pictures of my sweet little furry babies and found two for today. My babies have it really hard....sleep, play, snack, begin again. It's such a hard life they figure they might as well Grin & Bear it... Gee, I guess I should have used that for the title. LOL.

Here's today's MDS Monday challenge-

MDS Scrapbook Page
Are you smiling yet? If not, I just have one question for you. 
WHY in the world not!?! 
Lol. My babies are just so sweet. They are also my studio assistants and I featured them in my first Blog post, way back when (Holy Cow! Almost a year ago.) and others in-between now and then.

Duece (because he's the "second" of his name) is my big boy in the upper corner. Don't you just love his expression? Not sure how he got sooo fluffed out that day. Isn't he just the "Hasslehoff" of kitties. He wants to be "Big" when he grows up. HAHAHA. He's a Maine Coon and he's 16-17lbs and solid. He's over 3 feet tall when he stands up and can open any of the interior doors in the house. He scoffs at the thought of being locked up whenever anyone comes over. He just wants to love on you and is likely to jump up in your lap for some serious snuggling. Oh, and he thinks he's my guard dog. Yep, I don't need a doorbell, because he hears people coming up and runs to the door and howls. I kid you not, Barooooo. He's loud too, I can hear him in the driveway. Another fun fact- He likes to talk to me on the phone. Honest. So many people have heard him. My daughter used to call when she got home from school and she would put me on speaker and he would just sit there and chat with me. I love my sweet boy. I got him at the shelter when he was about 6 months old. His family lost their home and had to give him up. When I saw him he just looked a tiger-striped boy. I picked him up and he snuggled into my neck like a baby and I was totally lost. Never a second thought. He's almost 4 1/2 and I'm not sure who rescued who.

My sweet girl Bitty is in the bottom corner. I took this pic just last week. It's with her new boyfriend, Monkey. I promised not to tell her 6'2" bf (mine) she was kind of sweet on someone else. I'm a Scentsy consultant and this sweet little guy came in my starter kit. It came with a very masculine scent-pack and she couldn't be happier. He sits in the corner of my sleigh bed and every night she snuggles up next to him, ( I have my suspicions she snuggles with him during the day too) often putting her head on his lap. AWWWWWW, so sweet. Bitty's not even her real name but when I got her from the shelter she was sooo tiny only 2 1/2 pounds at 8 weeks old. The next week she got so sick we didn't think she would make it. She had a 106.7 degree temp and such a bad case of bronchitis/pneumonia she dropped to 1 1/2 lbs. She was not happy about sitting on that Ice Pack to get her temp down. She really hated the baby Neo-Synephrine drops I had to put in her nose and the humidifier. Needless to say she was soooo tiny then I started calling her Bitty Kitty and the name stuck. She's almost 4 now and there's not much  "bitty" about her. She is definitely one of those "You're my person" not an I'm your cat type of kitties. She allows me in her life because I pay for her house and toys. LOL, and I have the huge King-sized bed she likes to sheet surf on when they're fresh and snuggle under the covers in. Oh and course I make sure she has a hunky 6"2' bf that she thinks is there just for her and now Monkey too. What can I say, I'm a good mommy. 

Well, that's all I have for you today. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my sweet babies. I hope it inspires you to make something about your loved ones too, whether they are 2-legged or 4-legged. We all need love and sadly sometimes we forget how special our loved ones are until it's too late. If you don't already own our MDS, you can get a FREE 30 day trial by going to my ONLINE STORE. Also, we're getting a new version MDS-2 later this year. If you purchase our current program you will get a FREE upgrade when the new program comes out. That's an almost $20.00 value free. The new program has lots of cool new features including the ability to use multiple colors on a stamp. I can hardly wait!

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan