Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Birthday With a Cherry on Top Wine Bottle Tag / SFF 060112

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! Just 2 more days till the wekend. Woo-Hoo!! :)

I've had a lot of friends (stamping and non-stamping) asking for me to make more "Wine-Bottle" tags. Of course they can be used for any kind of bottle, not just wine. Today's tag is one I did for my "New Year's" Open House to celebrate the new SU catalog. These are becoming more popular everywhere and there's even one featured in the new SU catalog, pg 14, as a gift idea with what looks like a bottle of Olive Oil. It also fits along with Sketch Frenzy Friday's current challenge.

Here's today's project-

Wine / Any  Bottle Tag Featuring With A Cherry on Top Hostess Stamp Set

Love these! This is a quick and easy project that would be great for classes/ stampcamps or workshops. 
Wanna know a secret? I didn't even use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig on this!!!! How many of you that know me either from here or IRL are jumping up and down over that little fact? LOL!!!!!

I started with a base of Pool Party and then layered on Daffodil Delight and Whisper White c/s. I stamped the Glass Dome with White Craft Ink, the base with Pool Party Classic Ink and inked the sentiment with my Pool Party, Real Red and Garden Green Stampin Write Markers. I used my Scalloped Border Punch along the bottom to mimic the one on the cake stand. I however intended to (and forgot) to use my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to punch holes in the border to carry the theme on even more. :(

Here's the sketch from those fine ladies over at Sketch Frenzy Friday-



Do you see it? I simply rotated the sketch, my stamped image is the central portion and my scalloped borders are the far right portion of the sketch.

Although it's hard to see in the pictures, I used Heat and Set Powder to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the domed portion to help it "shine" like glass and stand out a little more.

 
Oh, and a little shimmer on the cherry with my Two-Way Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamonds. The only thing I would suggest if doing a tag like this with a scalloped border is to cut your cardstock a little longer than usual to account for the loss with the punch. All layers were adhered with Tombow.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my most recent tag and I hope the girls over at SFF do too. This makes two entries for me, with them, this week. :) I'd love to hear from you if you liked today's project. It always makes my day! If you liked it and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll return soon. I still  have this week's End of the Week Technique for you and a Clean & Simple card as well.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use this sketch for this project. Very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use this sketch for something other than a card! Very creative!! Love all your details! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute and creative project. Just loved your interpretation and the fact that you make anything but a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! It is always fun to see different ideas for our challenges. Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea!! Love the birthday cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oohh, wine-my favorite!! Great idea and love your creative use of the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan