Thursday, June 7, 2012

Betsy's Blossoms -Clean and Simple

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! I hope you're having an Amazing day and week. Just one more day to go till the week-end. *happy dance*

Today's card is one I designed for my recent New-Year's Open House. I got to introduce 3 old friends and 1 new one to the joys of stamping. Let me tell you, these girls stamped like they were old pros and they all had so much fun doing it! None of them thought they would be able to recreate this card and were all delighted by the beautiful cards they made.

My friend April often laughs at me and says I can't make a one-layer card. I tried to for my Open House, knowing there would be new stampers, and still couldn't manage it. I know later today April will be laughing. :D
Even though it's not one-layer, this is still a super simple card to make and would be especially good for beginners or a 2-4-5 type class.

Here's today's card-

Clean & Simple Card with Betsy's Blossoms,  Petite Pairs and New In-Colors
I am in L.O.V.E, LOVE with this set. It's so fab, lately I've had to make myself not pick it up and choose another set to play with. Know what else I love? The New In-Colors and the New Pads! LOVE Them! This card came together so quick, I was done before I knew it. :) I used Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit to stamp my images. For the tag I inked up & stamped my sentiment from Petite Pairs, added a few flowers and punched it out with my Decorative Label Punch. A little sponging around the edges and some dimensionals and the front was done. See, Easy-Peasy!

Here's the inside-



I stamped my flower in Raspberry Ripple, fussy cut it and then layered it over my stamped leaf image with my favorite adhesive, Tombow. As an after-thought I decided to let Tink have a little fun and added some Dazzling Diamonds to the center.

I didn't get pictures of everyone's cards, but here's one from my Open House-


This was my Friend Julia's card. I think she did a great job for her first time to ever stamp. Don't you think so too? I love how she made it her own by changing up the colors. Way to go Jules!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and that it inspires you to create something Clean and Simple today. If you like today's card and want to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. I always love hearing from you, so feel free to leave me a comment. They always make my day! Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

I hope you'll stop back by tomorrow for this week's End of the Week Technique.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great rest of your day!

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love your Betsy's Blossoms cards! So bright and cheery. Makes a great summer card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan