Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bargello Technique - Part Deux. Just Try, Try Again

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! Hope you're having a great week. I just have one more work-day then I'm off for a long weekend and a concert trip to Hershey! Woot!

Do you ever wish life had a replay button? Kinda like that movie with Adam Sandler, Remote I think it was called, but where life doesn't go crazy if you change one little thing? Boy, howdy! There are some days I think I would have to re-do multiple times just to get them right. Of course the good thing about having something go just not right enough that you wanted to do it over is, hopefully you learn something from it and don't make the same mistakes over and over and over again like Bill Murray in Ground Hog's Day. LOL!

Somehow with my cards that's happened now two weeks in a row. First with a sketch challenge I did and then last week with my End of the Week Technique. Now, don't get me wrong, I liked last week's technique card, I just felt like I could do something more. I don't know, it's hard to explain. I also think that even though I staggered my strips I did them evenly, square for square, instead of staggering them in the middle of the squares. I think this gave it more of a "Patchwork Quilt" look than a true "Bargello" look. So, you know me, I had to give it another try. Since I told you I'd try again and post it for you, I do my best to stay true to my word.

Here's what I came up with-

Bargello Technique Featuring
Patio Party DSP
I think this card more accurately reflects the Bargello technique. As you can see I used a stair-step technique here instead of a zig-zag. I'm very happy with how this one turned out.

Here's two things I learned-
1- Our Glue-Stick works great for this! Shocker- No Tombow. No, this is not a sign of the impending apocalypse. I used Tombow on my last card since I didn't have the adhesive sheets and while it worked, it did leave a few areas that I had to go back and touch up. (Just keeping it Reals, folks!) With the Glue-Stick, I just swiped the whole base piece and laid my strips down. So Easy!
2- Using a DSP that already has "strips" of different patterns in it, means you don't have to cut out the initial strips and lay them side by side to cut them out. I don't know about you but anything that is going to save me time is fine with me. Additionally if your DSP Coordination Challenged, you know who you are... it's hard to mix and match your patterns, this is great! Heck SU not only picked patterns that would go together they even laid them out in a nice pattern for me. SWEET!!!! Thanks SU! :) I can not even begin to tell you how much stress this took away from me. No, Seriously! One shouldn't have to stress over something that is supposed to be "Stress Relief". Am I right!?!

I adhered the Bargello panel to my Summer Starfruit base with Dimensionals. I'm going to fall in love with that color if it takes me 2 years.

Please, Please, Please, Don't let it take 2 years!

Here's the inside-



I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and the butterflies from Make A Cake in Midnight Muse and I was done. Maybe 30 minutes max,start to finish and that's with cutting and attaching all the strips.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you thought it was a worthwhile second attempt. Using the DSP with all the patterns really helped. This is definitely something I'll try again. Not only do I hope you liked it, I hope it inspires you to give yourself permission to have a "do-over", even if you just want to improve on the first go-round. I love hearing from you, it always makes my day. If you get a chance I'd love to hear what you think, and as always if you try this technique or just have a re-do, I'd love to see what you come up with. If you like today's card and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

On a non-stamping related note, I've started a new blog called A Better Shan. It's an honest look at my attempts to be a better me, in all aspects of my life starting with my journey to a healthier weight right down to weigh-ins. I'll have some recipes and links on there too for some healthy/ier noms. I just started it, but if you have a chance to stop by and join me on my journey, I'd love to have you along for the ride.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a Great day! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often  more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the Storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain. 


Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan