Friday, May 11, 2012

A Quick and Easy Thank-You

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you have had an Amazing week and are looking forward to an even better weekend. I've got one last card for you this week, I hope you're going to like it.

A while back, I said I was going to try and do more Clean and Simple type cards. The goal was to do one a week and I've been getting some done but they sure are hard for me. :) hey're just way outside my comfort zone. Today's card is more of a Quick and Easy than Clean and Simple. I call it that because it has just a little-bit more going on with it than your regular Clean and Simple card. At least I think it does. You be the judge-

Here's today's card-

Quick and Easy Thank-You featuring Easy Events Stamp Set

I started with a base of Garden Green c/s, which I actually had to open up for this card. Such a pretty color, but it sure doesn't get used much. Now with the cute Gumball Green, who knows when it will get used again. LOL.

Next I ran a piece of Whisper White c.s through my Big-Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder for a little added detail. I topped this layer with a piece of Daffodil Delight Seam Binding that I secured under the W.W. c/s with a little SNAIL. Love me some SNAIL... (for securing ribbon, HAHAHA)...bet you never thought you'd hear me say that did you!?! I added a sweet little double bow to this that I secured with a Mini-Glue Dot.  I then adhered this layer to my base with Tombow.

My focal point was actually inspired by our new catalog. In the accessories section they have a container with framelets that have a little heart punched out of them with DSP showing from underneath. I decided to step it up a little by making the DSP layer a mat as well. To do this I colored my flowers from the Easy Event Stamp set with my Stampin Write Markers in Garden Green and More Mustard. I positioned my #2 (next to the smallest) Label Framelet over this so there was extra space to the left where I would punch my flower. (I used an old retired punch, but the flower in the Bitty Punch Pack or Boho Blossoms would work just as well.)

Here's where I tell you to do as I say and not as I do-
****Punch your design first and then attach your DSP to the back. Don't attach your DSP and then punch through both.*****

I didn't think about this (it was at the end of about 2 1/2 hours of stamping after a full day at work) and had to punch through both layers. Even though the DSP is thin it was still a little tough to punch. It actually almost tore the W.W. piece since it was so close to the edge. Thankfully, it still looks good enough to give or sell, but I don't recommend you do it that way. I made the DSP mat by cutting two DSP labels and then cutting them both in half (opposite ways) to form the mat. I adhered this over my Seam Binding with some leftover dimensional pieces. For me this extra punching and matting is what moved it from a C&S to a Q&E card, but I may be a little weird like that.

Here's the inside-




For the inside I inked up the sentiment portion of the stamp in Basic Black with my markers and stamped. I then inked up a single flower from the image on the front of the card with my markers and stamped it. I let Tink come out and play to give my flower and leaves a little sparkle and my card was done.

The most time consuming part of the card was the stamping. I'm really happy with how this card turned out. What do you think? I hope it will make someone's day just a little brighter.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope it inspires you to make something just a little outside your norm. If you liked it I would love to hear from you! Also if you liked today's card and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Don't forget to check out the RETIRED LISTS in my ONLINE STORE. The Accessories are going quickly and they are While Supplies Last ONLY! You're favorite Retiring Stamps will only be around until the end of this month.

I hope to see you back here soon for all new projects. I wish you a fabulous weekend filled with Family, Friends and of course, plenty of time for creativity.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms, than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan