Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Military Inspired Thank-You

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday or Monday-Tuesday as I like to call these Tuesday's after Monday Holidays. It's a Tuesday but it feels just like a Monday. :( I hope you had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend and I hope you are feeling well-rested.

I got to spend the weekend stamping with my best stamping buddy April and getting to see some old friends as well as meeting some new ones. I enjoyed a weekend mostly free of the computer, so I didn't get to post yesterday. However, my thoughts were not far from those Brave Men and Women who have given some and some that have given all. With that in mind I thought I'd show you a card I made a few weeks ago. I kept meaning to post it but somehow other things (mostly 3 challenges last week) managed to keep getting in the way. No worries though it worked out just as it should so I can post it along with my Thanks to all those in the Military.

I've been wanting the stamp set Courage for the past few years and it often got pushed down on my Have-to Have list by other sets. When I saw it was retiring I knew I had to get it and quick. Now I don't usually purchase retiring product because I'm not going to use them very often on cards I make for here or for my classes, since my clients wouldn't be able to purchase them. This one however gets to stay in my collection and I'm sure you'll see it from time to time in my rotation as well.

I recently had an interview at a Military Installation and when I decided to design a thank-you card instead of just using some stationary, I thought what better stamp to use than this one.

Here's today's card-

Thank-You card with Courage Stamp Set, Heat Embossing and Embossing with Simply Scored Diagonal Tool 
I started with a base of Sahara Sand. Such a nice color, but so under-used / over-looked by many of us. I think it was perfect for this card. Added to that were layers of Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler. I used my Simply Scored Tool with the Diagonal Plate to create the Diamond Embossed background. This was inspired by a card we did at a recent team meeting and is actually featured today Robin Merriman's blog over at Trinity Design Studios today. Ha! Kind of funny since I'm the one that inspired her to do the card and now that card has inspired me. LOL!

It's not noticeable in the above picture but I heat embossed both the image and the sentiment with clear embossing powder. I wanted the images to really "pop". Here's a better pic-

Heat Embossed Image, Courage Stamp Set
While I think the card itself would have been nice enough without the two embossed details, I think they really "made" the card.

Here's a look at the inside-


Very simple, no extra fuss or muss here. I used Soft Suede for the sentiment and left it at that. Geesh, I hate when I decide to do that, but I don't think the LTC I was sending it too would appreciate any extra adornment. I hope he liked the card and I really hope that not only did I impress him during my interview, but that I followed up with a hand written note and card. So many of us (myself included) forget to do that after an interview. I know it's kind of old-school, but you never know...there were only 5 of us interviewing, could be the little things that set us apart.

That's all I have for you today. I'm battling a wicked headache that's been hanging around like my shadow for three days now. Hopefully it will head out soon. I hope you enjoyed today's card. I'd love to hear your thoughts, they always make my day. If you liked it and would like to +1 or Pin it I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

Don't forget to order your favor retiring products before they're gone. You only have 2 more days. You can shop my ONLINE STORE 24-7 to get everything you want and need.

I hope to see you back real soon. If you see a Military Member or Spouse, I hope you'll think about taking the time to tell them "Thanks". They don't hear this nearly enough. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan