Thursday, May 3, 2012

MDS Monday...Oooops Thursday :) Case the Occasions Mini

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! Just one more day left till the weekend. Woo-Hoo! I hope you're having an Amazing week!

I'm a little off on my posting days, but I figure better late than never. Right? This is challenge #2 for the week. Yea, Shan! The challenge over at Utah Diva's MDS Monday was to CASE a card or project from the Occasions Mini that retired on Monday. For those of you over the pond and down under, you just got yours.

Here's my Occasions Mini CASE- This is a very clean card. No added embellishments because that's how the card in the catalog was.

MDS Beau Chateau

I started with a base of Soft Suede. On that I layered two scalloped borders of Marina Mist, a strip of DSP  from Beau Chateau kit, and a label from the same set. Believe it or not the DSP actually started out white, and the Marina Mist much brighter. I used the Opacity feature to lighten both up and when I did it allowed the Soft Suede to show through changing their color. I only know this is what happened because when I tried to lighten up the label I could see the the DSP & the borders showing through. This is as light as I could get the label and not have them really noticeable. If you look real close you can actually see both elements, but I think if I didn't tell you about that you would never know.

The Opacity feature is one of my favorite tools (next to the recently discovered and adored drop shadow feature) and I use it often. It allows you so much flexibility with your designs and at it's most basic, it replicates the stamping off technique. Love, Love, Love It! I'm not really that much of a "vintagey" type designer but I like how this one turned out.

Here's the inspiration. I couldn't figure out how to just get the card itself, so you have to see the whole page. (Hey I have never claimed to be computer/blog savvy. Just the opposite in fact!) Ok, Epic Fail! I saved what I thought was the page and it gave me the front of the catalog. If you have a catalog it's on page 25, the Apothecary Art card, if you don't have a catalog, you can go to my ONLINE STORE (I've directed the link to the catalog page) and check it out there.

***Edited*** LOL!!!! I just went to post this on the UDI MDS Monday Page and the first thing you see is a CASE of the card I cased, and there's is almost identical to the one in the catalog. : D

Because you probably know by now that I do insides to my MDS cards just like a regular card, Here it is-



The design in the center is one of the Beau Chateau Labels. It's found in the embellishment portion of the kit. I simply used my Opacity Tool to lighten it up so I had a design element that wouldn't interfere with any message I might want to add. I love how it coordinates perfectly with the sentiment on the front.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I have one more challenge for you this week and hopefully I will get to finish it tonight and have it ready to post tomorrow for the End of the Week Technique. If not tomorrow, it will be posted on Saturday, but I'm really trying for tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed today's card. It came together really quickly and I'm sure someone would love it if you sent them something like this to make their day. If you haven't tried MDS yet, you can get a FREE 30 day trial. Just go to my store or contact me for more information.

If you liked today's MDS card, please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! Also, if you liked it and wanted to +1 or Pin it, I've placed those buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms, than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan